tearing with sex / operation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for some tips and peoples experiances really. I had a check up with my dermo who has an intrest in LS last week. I went back as I have torn a few times with my new partner. Not every time mind. It hurts on initial penetration but after its ok. Guess thats normal?

Speaking to my dermo about it she advised if I tear again salt washes and use clob/moisterize the area as we dont want LS getting into the tear.

What does everyone else do?

She was also sending me to the surgeon who deals with vaginal reshaping etc. I split at the top more than the bottom, does anyone else?

But I said when I have sex after first penetration it doesnt hurt, so they want me to go back to the cones. I have only ever been able to get to the third size. She wants me to try this whilst I wait to see the surgeon.

How much luck have people had with surgery? I am only 28. She said if I do surgery the important thing is using the clob on the wound and cones, she said a lot of the reason surgery doesnt work is people dont use the clob on the wound so LS gets in again.

Any advice on what you do and views would be great. I just started to enjoy sex again now I am worried about LS damage sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am so glad you have found something that works for you. I am going to see dermatologist in two weeks so, will mention some of the points you made here. I haven't been been able to have or enjoy sex for a about 18 months. I have injections into the area every three months which help. I have even seen improvements in skin colour but area still stings.

take care

• Posted

This idea of LS 'getting into' wounds is new to me. She makes it sound infectious.

I'm 63 and got LS at 22. I tore during sex for decades. The thing is there seem to be at least four 'levels' of LS. I seem to have the slow, mild kind. Only in the last couple of years has my vagina stiffened and narrowed too much to allow penetration. My tear is always in the perineum. And I still get it for no reason from time to time.

I think you should probably allow the clob to heal the tear each time before trying sex again. Clob purposely thins the thickened, fragile LS patch, so I find the tears aren't very deep now. I was only diagnosed and prescribed clob 18 months ago. It really takes time to gradually do its job. The oil makes a world of difference while we wait.

Keep us posted about the surgery options and outcome and do come for support!

• Posted

Thanks for your view smile I think she was saying as its damaged tissue from tearing the LS sort goes to it etc.

Yeah I am doing salt wash and using using pea sizs clob amount two times a day.

I might try coconut oil people seem to recommend on here.

I guess you just rub that in through out the day?

• Posted

I actually tear on the Frenulum near the cliterious. I dont tend to rear on the perineum.
    • Posted

That sounds so painful! I'm sure repeated tearing and scarring is how the disfigurement we older LS patients have proceeds. Yes, that's what she meant.
  • Posted

Hi Sample,

You're still very young and chances are that you will get LS under control.  What I learned is that the LS fusions gave the pain.  They are now completely gone and with it therefore the tearing.  Though gentle intimacy is still required, the accent is on gentle.

I accidently discovered that baking soda rinses/bicarbonate rinses after every bathroom visit (three pinches in a spray bottle, the kind that is provided in the hospital to women who just delivered a baby)  made the fusions 'melt' away.  At first I couldn't believe my eyes.  But gradually the whole area became free of fusions. 

I became very diligent - the baking soda rinses after every bathroom visit and then cover with coconut oil, the baking soda baths (1/3 of a cup, no more) every other day.  Then in addition the alkaline diet (no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine, careful with soya)  All in all it was worth the effort.  And I now do this all as a regular routine. 

I'm still doing the dilating every morning and cover the apparatus with fluid coconut oil. (using the size that is comfortable)   I am taking extra supplements as well, like Omega 3.  

Hope this is of help to you.   

• Posted

The tearing you experience is most likely from the fusion across your clitoris. I get this regularly or did when I was having penetrative sex. I have actually had the fusions parted by surgery twice, each time the fusion has occurred again within months, I was told to put clob around my clitoris in order to prevent the fusion happening again but maybe I didn't do it enough, I think at the time I was worried that the clob would harm rather than heal as its reputation is for thinning the skin. I don't think LS gets into a wound but it does cause the fusion which is maybe what your Dermatoligist meant.

Good luck with the surgery, you are too young to be giving up intercourse. I have been married a long time and have a very understanding husband. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.