TED'S

Posted , 15 users are following.

So at day 9 post op the most difficult thing of this whole hip replacement procedure is the putting on of the thrombolic socks! It's driving my partner mad having to put them on me every day as I can't manage myself. How does anyone manage if they're on their own?

Are you all wearing them for the 6 weeks?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I wore mine for a few days in a row, then they got too hot and sweaty. After that, I only used them when my feet were swollen and ever further on when I did a temp job that involved standing for at least 10 hours a day... I have all-day socks that I wear now. Much easier to put off and take off.
  • Posted

I had the compression wraps/cuff (similar to blood pressure cuff), while in hospital - only one night. Taking aspirin and doing the ankle flexing exercises that concentrate on circulation. I'm about 9 days post op.

• Posted

I am 8 days post op and have not worn the TED hose. The nurse didn't measure me and my Sox were to small. I'm just very mobile and do my PT exercises including foot flexes a lot. I also take a long acting aspirin 2x a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.