Teen daughter - episodes of extreme brain fog

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 16-year-old daughter has episodes of what I call extreme brain fog. Usually occurs within 30 minutes of waking up. She becomes disoriented, doesn't know people's names, answers to simple questions, etc. Her behavior is very "spacey." Shes very docile during the episode, and will attempt to comply with commands. For example, I could say hand me the salt, and she would say ok, but then she'd just maybe walk over to the cabinet and then turn around and sit down.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wasn't finished typing my initial post and it wouldn't let me type anymore, so here is the rest of the story.

this is the interesting part: if she lies down and goes back to sleep, even for a short while, like 45 minutes, when she wakes up, she's totally back to normal! This has been going on for about 3 years. Happens about once every 2 or 3 months.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?

• Posted

Do not wait for the show to drop, meaning, don't wait for something bad to happen before you go to the doctors. Ask to see a Neurologist and they will do appropriate tests!

Good luck and I'll pray! 😇😇😇😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.