Teenager experiencing memory loss after continually hitting my head

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am an 18 year old, and when I was around 15/16, I would occasionally hit my head against lockers out of frustration or anger. This would happen every so often, over the span of a few months. Obviously I was a stupid kid and didn't think anything of it. But now a fear years on, I am experiencing worrying memory loss. I am mostly concerned about my long term memory, as the majority of my childhood seems to be a blur. I can only recall small glimpses and even when given prompts, most of my childhood memories are not available to me anymore.

I also experience mild short term forgetfulness, not necessarily forgetting what I did a few days ago, but everything I did the last week becomes a blur with no sense of time.

I've been researching mild head injuries and things like football players and musicians experiencing memory loss from hang banging, and I am wondering how likely it is that this habit is the cause of my memory loss, or if I have just always been a forgetful person.

Any opinion is welcome

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.