Teeth grinding & jaw clenching

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Citalopram for about 10 months. Took a while but seem to be doing fairly well. Only issues are that I have pretty severe bruxism - teeth grinding, jaw clenching. Seems much worse at night. Other side effect I can't shake is tinnitus.

Any chance either of these will subside?

Thanks! Shane

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My dentist said I must be grinding my teeth at night as they were showing wear more than usual. I had a gum shield made by him to wear at night but I didn't get on with it. He then asked me to try again a couple of years later and made another mould to produce another set. I still have the mould somewhere. But I still couldn't get on with it, usually ended up spitting it out in the middle of the night.

Only now I realise it was probably the Citalopram and not stress/anxiety as I thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.