Teeth-Gum burning pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

Since the starting of this winter, I having bad burning sensation/pain on the left side of my teeth, both up and down row. There is no decaying, even the dentist I consulted was unable to identify the reason, gave me Sensoform paint to apply over gums. The pain is not reducing though, and is getting worse with climate going down or while having cold water.

My teeths are not oriented in straight line. My upper left first bicuspid grew in front of second bicuspid. Both lower left and right central are also placed little front and back disturbing the row. Will this be reason for my pain.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dino (Age 25)

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dino, you don't grind your teeth, do you?  That can cause all sorts of pain.

​A burning sensation can also be caused by oral thrush.

The other option, is to try a different dentist, or go to your GP.

• Posted

Hi Mrsmop, 

Thanks for the reply.

I dont have the habit of grinding my teeths, but some time while driving or while getting tensed, I do grind. I also used to brush my teeth twice a day using hard tooth brush with much pressure. Seems that a reason?

• Posted

Hi Dino, they do suggest using a soft toothbrush.  Have you thought of trying an electric one?  They are very efficient and you don't need a lot of pressure.

Tooth grinding, 'bruxism', does cause pain, perhaps if you tried chewing sugar free gum while driving, you wouldn't grind.

• Posted

Hi Mrsmop, I see your point, and thank you very much.

Can you suggest any solutions for this pain?

• Posted

Have you tried paracetemol?  You could try Corsodyl mouthwash for a few days.  My Hygienist told me that the Daily version doesn't stain your teeth as much as the traditional one and, in fact, I don't think the daily one has alcohol in it, whereas the other one does.

And if, after all that, things don't improve, go and see your GP

• Posted

I use an electric toothbrush and have just bought a new one because they seem to lose speed over time.  They are relatively inexpensive these days.
    • Posted

Thanks for the suggestions Mrsmop. Just took one Sinarest tablet(paracetamol). I am really frustrated/depressed with my pain.

My work is getting affected sad

• Posted

I just checked to see what Sinarest is and it isn't paracetemol and probably isn't the right thing to take for the symptoms that you describe, it is more for cold/'flu than sore mouths - be careful that you don't overdose on it.
    • Posted

Oh yeah, but thats the only tablet I could reach now sad

Wil buy paracetamol.

• Posted

Hi Dino: Grinding will eventually cause serious pain. Speak to your dentist about a mouth guard to prevent grinding while you sleep. Two other things to consider, could it be your wisdom teeth coming in that would certainly do it. I had horrible jaw pain this past year and found out through my chiropractor thar a pinched nerve in the back of my neck (right side) was causing the pain on the left side of my jaw, top and bottom. One adjustment of Active Release Therapy immediately removed the pain.
    • Posted

Hi Sinusprob,

Thank you for writing, and glad to hear you got relief from your pain.

I am planning to take an xray of my teeth to see whats going on.

• Posted

hopefully it's soon, keep me posted. Good Luck.
    • Posted

Thank God, the pain is no more ther. Hope it wont come back ever again
  • Posted

I have the same problem...for a long time especially Im feeling very sore at rainy days...Im retired dietatien at the same time...But Ileved menaupose in early age (32).Im 60 years old now.I have lost 3 theets at my left side.

Im useing Alfa lipoik asit 200 mg

L_carnitine 1 tblt

Cold liver oil

Collogene

I researched from internet.I began them new Im feeling a little bit more fine..Sometimes I take Advil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.