Teeth &gums

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few months ago I had my regular checkup at the dentist. I didn't have any problems with my teeth but the dentist said that I had a small filling that needed refilled. I got it refilled but had terrible pain after for two weeks. I went back to the dentist who gave me antibiotics and told me if it doesn't help then she will give me root treatment. I had to end up getting root treatment. This was 3 weeks ago and I feel as though I still have problems. My teeth feel very sensitive, which they weren't before all this. I have been using tooth paste for sensitive teeth. Has anyone else had this problem? I know I will need to go back to the dentist but I don't want to end up getting more work done to my teeth if that's not really the problem when it could be my fibromyalgia.

aabb

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi aabb,

i get strange pain in my teeth from time to time too. Sometimes it can feel like all the nerves are exposed.

I have had extensive work done on my teeth in the last three months due to bruxism or teeth grinding which is related to Fibro. I've had twelve fillings four root canals three extractions and am waiting for surgery on a tooth that had just broken off I have two bridges and two crowns to go too. All this damage was from me grinding my teeth not due to decay. The dentist said my teeth were perfectly clean. Horrendously upsetting. Especially as it my 40th birthday today! 

Fibro really funks you up big time!

the dentist won't do any unnecessary work unless they can see fractures or decays or abscesses from an X-ray. 

Hope it it goes away. Teeth pain sucks!

xx

• Posted

Hi, aabb:  Sweetie, be sure to get checked for TMJ.  I kept feeling like I had tooth aches, and they finally did xrays for TMJ and my jaw was way off from grinding my teeth.  You may need one of those plastic appliances on your bottom or upper teeth to wear at night so you won't grind your teeth down any further, throwing your jaw off...Hope this helps...feel better...
    • Posted

I had to get a mouth guard made about a year ago because my jaw started jerking during the night. This teeth problem I have only started when the dentist gave me a small filling. My mouth has never been right since. 

Aabb

• Posted

I have one of the soft mouth guards or splint but it's already chewed to pieces after a few months at £250 a go. I'm getting a hard one now. 

Im sure that will look attractive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.