Tegretol side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 2 on this drug and all I do is sleep and the pain is still  there. Doc started me on 200mg twice a day. I also take Zoloft and Lipitor. I guess I am a mess. Anyone out there in the same boat or can shed some light.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Brian I am truely sorry to hear the awfull time you are having this is a truely awful condition.  I have seen first hand what it does to a person  my son Daniel has had it now for three years. He is on high doses of Tregratol an Gaberpentin which zonk him out a lot and prevent him from doing so many things, the drugs are truely debilitating,  an definitely not the soloution. I suggest u get referred to a consultant as soon as possible as it takes so long these days to get seen an u may end up seeing severak before u find the right on it is a long drawn out process to get any treatment which is so frustrating when you are trying to cope with a very painfull debilitating condition like TN. Dan will go through whatever it takes he just wants it killed dead and to get some quality of life back,  good luck keep us posted on how it is going for u I think pouring how you feel out to others who truely know how hard it is dealing with this condition helps, truely sending u lots of best wishes.
  • Posted

Thanks Heidi.....We'll see what my GP says .....
  • Posted

My GP confirmed that I have TN. However I am not scheduled for a MRI. The side effects are in full force and driving me crazy. I have not been able to do anything since Friday. Really depressed
    • Posted

Hi Brian, 

Sorry you're feeling so depressed! It does get you like that. The only positive is in knowing that this episode will pass. If it carries on being so severe and attacks are so frequent then you must ask for a referral! A consultant can offer advice on treatments (medical or surgical) that may bring you relief! I had it very severe for 11 months straight before they booked me in for surgery as none of the meds provided relief. It was one of the most horrible times in my life, I shut myself off. I'd never go out, had the tv on so low, couldn't wash my face, my hair, my teeth, no applied pressure. Even hair brushing on my face resulted in such horrendous pain! I completely understand where you are hun! 

Hang in there, you're stronger than TN so don't let it win! My friends think I'm mad because when it starts now I just tell it to pi$$ off lol! Doesn't work but helps me mentally. smile 

Give it a couple of weeks on your meds and go back if no improvement and request a referral to a neurologist! 

Take care

Jen 

• Posted

Hi Brian

I have just been diagnosed with TMJ at the dental hospital and then a week later another consultant said it was Trigeminal Neuralgia... it seem's neither know which it is. However my consultant has set me on 200mg twice a day.

I too have been very tired, I have slept about 4pm each day and have awful headaches.

How did your treatment go? Did the fatigue go away?

A few days later another consultant told me to do 100mg x 3 times a day.. I somehow think neither know what to offer me

Any help would be great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.