Teitze/Chosto/Reflux/IBS HEEEEEEEELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

So i need help....rushed to the hospital one night with crazy chest pain (dr. checked pulse, bp and oxygen) then pressed around my ribs and i was finally diagnosed with Tietze syndrome/Chosto this is a month ago, I also suffer with GERD and I have a Hernia. Now as most health anxiety people I google symptoms (BAD IDEA I KNOW), I have the chest pain and shoulder and back and sometimes jaw and was seriously hoping that I am not the only one with all the conditions and symptoms because I am obsessing with my heart, I dont have high cholesterol i test every year, my bp i s108/65 on average my resting heart rate is between 60 and 65 etc. and ofcourse the drs said that it is not my heart. I hate this pain and the fear I feel daily, im scared to take the anti inflammatories as they are said to be bad for your heart and are definately bad for my reflux which ofcourse also causes chest pain. Someone please give me a cure or tell me that you can relate and that im not dying, I have no more medical aid and can not keep going back to drs as I have to pay cash and feel crazy aswell

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry easy to say i know. I have the same as you down to the hernia and reflux. I have all the same things going on awful i know. I was a keen runner so its been an awful blow. Try ice packs on your chest it really helps. Ive been admitted to hospital four times had every invasive heart test going. Myself and my g p finally diagonised me crazy.Try not to stress and lifting heavy objects is a no no. Take good care

• Posted

Hi Orme61833, I get sternum pain, pain between shoulder blades, shoulder and left arm pain. I've had various different tests and everything was normal so I'm thinking I have costo which was brought on by a virus I had in December. I don't like to use ibuprofen either so I use a hot water bottle on my back. I've found the best thing is to get on top of your anxiety, tensing up will only make things worse. Can you work out what your triggers are? Sitting at work doesn't help me so I alternate between sitting and standing at my standing desk. I try not to carry anything heavy and have been doing light yoga at home. Swimming seemed to trigger pain but running is fine. You sound very anxious, I think if you can address that then over time your pain may improve. Have you had an ecg? I'm no expert but I imagine that if it was a heart problem you would feel a lot worse.

• Posted

Hi i also believe if it was a heart thing it wold be worse and it has been over a month. I have been to ER and my GP and none of them believe its the heart the check oxygen, bp and listen to my heart. My gp gave me celebrex yesterday to see even my lymph nodes in neck and under my arm are inflamed, my jaw hurts all over 24/7, the chest pain itself is not the worst symptom my back and ribs all around and jaw bother me more. Im dont like the meds but am desperate and im going to give it a try. Any other advise would be appreciated. I also am forcing myself to stay away from google and try not to constantly focus on the aches and pains because then i start obsessing. My medical aid is depleted so further testing will be crazy expensive...really hoping this works

• Posted

Hi have you got any relief from your rib pains yet ? Your story is so like mine, i have been to A & E twice this month. I have pains at top of chest and around both sides which seem to have started since i had a could with severe sore throat about 3 weeks ago. The muscles at the front just below collar bones started with a burning sensation. It hurts even picking up a large carton of milk. I also google to try find a reason for this pain and have bad health anxiety and worry pains in the chest could be heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.