Telangiectasia - related to auto immune disorder?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, in a discussion elsewhere someone suggested this disorder may be the cause of hair loss and scalp tenderness. I looked it up and it sounds similar to my symptoms.

?I have an auto immune disorder and for the longest time have had problems with tender sore scalp. It has patches of red sometimes and hair coming out. Diffuse, not in clumps but thinning.

?Sometimes I get little red pimple sized red blood spots which are itchy and bleed.

?So more recently, I have been suffering from extreme flushing in my face. It feels like a pulse going through my head. It's very uncomfortable. Get it in the face and neck upper torso. Sometimes in my ear lobes.

?So I wondered if anyone out there suffers with this and if so are my symptoms similar?

?I find when my auto immune disorder is being well controlled, it is under more control but not going away completely. I had an increase in meds recently to help with symptoms and it's helped a great deal but not completely gone. I am not sure if I should post this here or in auto immune group for discussion. Thanks for any help on this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

The scalp tenderness, redness, bumps, and hair loss sounds like what I was diagnosed with...seborrheic dermatitis. It causes inflammation of the scalp which pushes the hair out. I use an RX shampoo now and have it under control.

• Posted

Oh thanks for that. I will try the shamppp. Made app to see my good gp to discuss but will definitely give it a go
    • Posted

Oh meant to ask though do you get flushing in your face with this? I know it may not necessarily be connected but just wondered.
    • Posted

I personally dont, but I know some people get it on their face too. Do you get any patches of skin that dry and flake like dandruff?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.