Tell yor MP, use your power

Posted , 4 users are following.

Not seen this mention on any of the forums, so I have a suggestion for all the disabled people on this site. You can easily find out who your MP is, email them write to them phone them and let them know the stress that the government’s policy of using private companies to access people's disability is causing you. Your MP is supposed to represent the voters concerns, we need to stop being the silent minority and fight for our rights and let them all know the stress and despair we are all going through. You can also remind them that you are eligible to vote and will remember being persecuted by those in power when you are in need.

Please feel free to share this on any social media and let everyone know what is going on.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My MP is nothing more then a yes man for the government he serves sadly.
    • Posted

Mine is much the same, but if you do shout about it and raise awareness you are still telling them, if you email or write they will answer. They may not agree with us but we need to let everyone what is going on. Post their reply on social media, it's a powerful tool, use it. If we stand still and do nothing they will assume we are happy.

• Posted

Hi,

I wrote an email to my MP just before the last general election. I informed him that I was a lifelong Conservative supporter, deeply disappointed with the way that the sick and disabled were being persecuted under the government's new proposals.

His office responded promptly, with his support for my situation and offer of help in the future if I required it.

I have contacted him on occasions since and always receive a reply, I also keep him informed of my progressive condition.

I will contact him when I have to change from dla to pip, and hope he will help.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, Damian Hinds MP Minister for dwp.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.