Telmesartan and sensitive sinus in throat area, how long does this side effect last

Posted , 3 users are following.

When ever I swallow food sometimes it feels like its gonna slip into my sinus, pretty weird feeling

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

not used this, but another in the same group, Losartan, had loads and loads of side effects for the first weeks, many have gone now, though dry eyes still, and a few others i can tolerate, how long have you been using the medication? 
  • Posted

How long have you been taking Telmesartan???? How do you know it's the Telmesartan that's causing the sensitive sinus & when swallowing food it feels as though it's going to slip into your sinus. It could be something going on with your throat.

• Posted

well a lot of other symptoms that have been mentioned in the online list are matching with the set of side effects of telmesartan, and also I have the sensitivity exactly into my sinus, which is in fact the signature side effect of telmesartan.

So do you think I should get it checked and not wait for a few days or weeks for the side effects to subside? I know I would certainly see a doctor if the problem doesn't go away on its own within a week or  two, the problem isn't that intense though, just a little feeling as for now, thats it !!

• Posted

Hi mike92384...Well, you've been on the Telmesartan two months now. I'll ask yet another question? How long have you been experiencing the sinus/throat sensations??? They may or may not be associated. You state that the problem isn't that intense, just a little feeling for now. I'd wait, see what happens. IF the sensations worsen, then by all means consult the Dr. I honestly don't see how when you swallow, it feels as though the food may be going up through your nose, could be cause by the Telmesartan. IS THE TELMESARTAN CONTROLLING YOUR BP??? This is very important as well.

Again, it may not be the Telmesartan that's causing your 'symptoms'. 

There COULD be an ingredient in the Telmesartan that's doing it. There is Valsartan, Irbesartan, etc. & they're all members of the class of bp medications known as ARB's. While they are in the same class, some do work better than others, although some may challenge that statement. If you compare Valsartan to Irbesartan (just as an example) you may see a difference in the ingredients, although it may be very slight. This can make a difference to people. Also, some will strongly say that generic drugs have the very same ingredients as the brand names. (at least here in Canada they MUST have the same ingredients). Generics are of course, cheaper to buy. There have been some people I've spoken with who have experienced things with the generic brand, yet when they take the brand name, they don't have a problem. Go figure. It could be in the fillers, but who knows. 

Let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.