temp flucuations

Posted , 3 users are following.

i recently went to the Dr as i skipped a couple cycles in March and May. last month my cycle was 3weeks in stead of the 28 day normal cycle. my temp usually runs low because i have had iron deficiency anemia. i started taking iron -- have been taking for 3 weeks. could this cause my temp to rise?  could perimenopause cause my temp to flucuate.. it has been 99 to 99.5. within 5 minutes it will go back down to 98.9 98.6 dropping to 98.1 any feedback would be great.. as my doctor said the 99.5 was not cause for concern however i am concerened

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You may just be experiencing the beginning of hot flushes
    • Posted

did you ever take your temp during that time and did it rise. i thought it would not rise. normally my fevers are higher and last longer than a couple minutes or so.. i am really started to get worried about other causes of concern.
    • Posted

No but they can last as little as a few mins to a 1/2 hr I've experienced this don't worry to much we make it worse worrying I also get hot but my hands are cold and clamey doc says it's a part of menopause

• Posted

If your doctor said it's nothing to worry about, try not to worry. My temp tends to fall since I started perimenopause. Don't take your temp anymore and that will help you to stop focusing on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.