Temporal arteritis or tumour

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I did a post last week explaining that for the last 4 week's I keep getting a weird feeling in my head everyday that I can't explain, its not painful but basically I can't concentrate or focus on anything when it happens and everything that's not in my direct eye line I find too 'noisy', I explained this can last anywhere from an hour to a few hours each time.

I saw the Dr last Friday and all my blood tests came back fine and he was confident it wasn't a tumour as no warning makers showed in my bloods. He is treating me for chronicle sinusitis which I don't believe it is as I have no sinus symptoms and I am not in pain. If he 3 weeks it's no better then he said he would refer me for a scan.

However, yesterday I started with a pain in my left temple, not constant, only when I touch it, the pain spreads about an inch all around the area I touch. And today the pain is sharper but again only there when i touch it or when I bend down.

I have looked at Google and I am worried it's temporal arteritis which I have read can be fatal.

also I have nice my arms have been achy tonight aswell.

My Drs it takes ages to get an appointment and I don't wanna go a&e just for a pain that hurts when you touch it but at same time I am really scared it's something really serious and brain related.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Don't google symptoms ,it will just scare you needlessly ,we all went through it.

What you are explaining is tunnel vision ,temple pressure or pain .I suggest an MRI with contrast will give a very detailed image of the brain and rule out probably everything , I did it last year before I found out I had Meniere disease vertigo.

The weird feeling in your head could be pressure in the inner ear which manifests as pressure on your temples, lightheadness and more .

I had it for 8 years before it became full vertigo in 2017 , I didn't know what it was and initially I disregarded it as a mild annoyance .

Sinusitis is also a trigger for inner ear problems.

Hope you sort it out.

• Posted

hi

thanks for the reply.

isn't tunnel vision when your vision actually changes and makes it look like your looking down a tunnel?

I don't have that.

Mine is like everything around me is too 'busy' or 'loud', and it feels like I have pressure pushing on my eyes.

unfortunately I won't be able to get referred for a mri scan until I go back to my Drs in 2 and half weeks.

But I am more worried about this sudden pain that's started when ever I touch my left temple

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.