Temporal Triangular Alopecia successful with FUT/FUE?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a small bald spot close to the temporal region of the right side of my head. I do have a full head of thick hair which makes it easy to hide and I’ve never experienced any thinning hair or hair loss fortunately. So, I think this alopecia spot is congenital, I’ve either had it since birth or very early childhood, as I said, it’s definitely stable and there has been no loss of hair around it or elsewhere. But honestly it has been somewhat of an insecurity of mine for a long time. 

I’ve seen a dermatologist about it and had extensive blood work done etc. to which everything seems fine. I was told there are actually tiny individual hairs growing on the bald spot, as well as vellus hairs. 

I was recommended something like Regaine to promote hair growth in the area but after reading up on all the potential side effect & dangers of minoxidil, I chose not to. I also can’t imagine myself having the energy to continue using minoxodil for life. I have been looking into procedures like FUT hair transplants, where donor areas are grafted onto the affected area and that this can promote successful hair growth. 

So, essentially I’m just writing here to see if anyone else has undergone an FUE/FUT procedure and how has your experience been? Is it worthwhile doing?  

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, I just saw your thread. I don´t know if you are still on here but I just wanted to say that I have the same thing since early childhood, but I am also not sure when exactly. I also have a full head of hair otherwise and the spot hasn´t changed since I first noticed it 10 years ago. A lot of derms don´t even know this exists because it is so rare but it is known that the only treatment that helps is hair transplantation. I am also very insecure about even though the only one who ever saw this spot are me and my mother. I would consider a hair transplantation if you have the money to do it, I will wait until i am 30 or something to see how my hair develops over the years to make a decssion (24 Years old now)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.