Temporary pain relief for kidney stone pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lie on your stomach.  It seems simple but I was in horrible pain and went in for a CT Scan.  The tech said several kidney stone sufferers felt better when they lay down on their stomach for the scan.  I did and it worked!! I was almost pain free within half an hour.  Went in for surgery that night in pain again after being upright a while. Back on my stomach during prep and pain went away.  Hope it works for you.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Another tip i can give you is vibration. Anything that vibrates (ahem) and put it on the sore area. Defintely helps a lot. 
  • Posted

Thank you every little helps.

I find a hot water bottle is really helpful but not great in this really hot weather!!

I have a large stone 29 mm. They are going to remove it surgically at the private hospital in Bristol as they have not been able to sort me ot at an NHS Hospital so they have to pay for me to have it done. No date as yet ASAP PLEASE

Hope yours is not too painful at the moment.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.