Temporomandibular disorder

Posted , 2 users are following.

I damaged this joint by excessive chewing gum. My dentist made a insert to stop my teeth coming together but it has made no difference. Tried it for couple of months. also tried all the exercises, eating soft food etc but pain is still excruciating. Waiting over two months for dental hospital. This has been going on for a year. Would love to know if anyone has had this condition and recovered because at the moment it's driving me insane.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I know your post is old, but I feel terrible that no one replied. I have severe TMJ problems because I broke my jaw 30 years ago. I have never found a cure. To be honest, I find chewing helps my TMJ. Sometimes I will chew gum or eat crackers/pretzels. If you overdue it, it makes it worse though. Try to stick the tip of your tongue between your front teeth during the day. It relaxes your jaw and if you tense up, you will DEFINITELY feel it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.