Tempted after 8 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

So preop for surgery on1/3. All labs have been done so should not have to worry about that and just tempted to have 1.Im afraid though that 1 will lead to another.Its that stupid mind game we tend to play.We cando it right,just 1 or 2,no big deal.I can hear myself getting sucked back in.Yuk

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dont do it!!! It will put you back to square one in no time and all your struggles to stop will have been worthless. Keep telling yourself you dont need fags any more, you are a non smoker, you dont need to inhale poison etc. Stay strong! 
  • Posted

I have never gone bewond8 months quit,it's almost like an anniversary line I don't know if I can get past.I literally am having my hip replaced next week so feel like if Imgoing to cheat now the time.On the other hand even 1 could derail.Its such a stupid cat and mouse game.Such a silly dialogue.I can't believe that with all my education and will power over big obstacles that a 4 inch long cig could have such a profound affect

• Posted

Aghhh! I suggest you hit the bottle! Its easier to give up than fags. Seriously, you will hate yourself. Hope you can abstain, for all the right reasons. Brush your teeth, burn nice candles etc. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.