Ten + years mirtazapine and stopping help please

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone, I've been on mirtazapine for about ten years, I didn't feel they were working now so my gp said go on fluoxatine (PROZAC) he said just take mirtazapine every other day then stop and start fluoxatine. after the first week, I felt like hell so I rang doctors and a different gp said do the every other day routine for another week then stop mirtazapine and go on fluoxatine, I'm confused as to what to do now. I'm a carer to my autistic son and it's making it hard to do my caring duties, also i have other health conditions, spondylitis in my neck, copd, emphysema, asthma and extreme anxietyand ocd and depression. and pain every day from the spondylitis, has anyone else done the alternative day reduction successfully after being on mirtazapine so many years, any tips would be great, thanks everyone

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.