Tender abdomen

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone get a tender abdomen when they they have a flare up? I've been feeling nauseous and have had lower abdo discomfort since a course of antibiotics and my abdomen is tender to press on the right side, can ibs cause it to be inflammed?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely. Also when I have a flare, get a virus, get constipated, eat the wrong food. Any one of the above can cause it in any area any time. Have ibs over 50 years. Bloating and gas can cause pain anywhere too.

• Posted

Do you have IBS? If you do, a sore to touch abdomen is one of several types of pain you can get during flare ups. I have had four different types of pain and a tender abdomen is one of them.

• Posted

Yes, I've had ibs for as long as I can remember it had been ok before the antibiotics but now I feel nauseous all the time and have abdominal issues ☹

• Posted

You may still be reacting to the antibiotics. I reacted for a few weeks after my antibiotics were finished; stomach upsets are very common with these meds. Persevere with yoghurt to replace lost good bacteria in your gut, take your antispasmodics/painkillers for your stomach pain to help your flare up and try ilk which can soothe your stomach.

• Posted

Can I ask where you guess experience abdominal tenderness? (upper/lower right/left). I have it but it is upper quadrant.

• Posted

Hi mamabear, great name by the way, antibiotics are nasty they strip your body of natural bacterias - you need to balance what you've had back by adding a probiotic back to your stomach, then you may be ok oh that and really bland food. What was the antibiotic for?

• Posted

The antibiotics were for a urine infection which has cleared up now. I had a three day course of the same antibiotic in January for the same issue but don't remember feeling this afterwards. I've been having yogurt and kefir but my tummy is still messed up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.