Tender sore breasts.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

my breasts have been very tender and sore on and off since September?

to the point that it's been uncomfortable wearing a bra! So I've simply not wore one

is it normal to have them feel so uncomfortable 

like this? When I have had to wear a bra I've only managed an hour and that's at a push!??.

i have no lumps or bumps and I'm seeing my GP Tom but just wondered if this is normal?

to be honest I've never had an issue with my breasts as well I haven't really got any!.

do u suffer with tender sore breasts? Is it usuall for them to go this long at being so tender?

i naturally thought it was just a run up to a period that became like this? Not this long over4 weeks?

thanks all.

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

YE! i have had that many times in my life. I think all woman at some time do. i rememerb thinking, geeze they feel ingorged like when I was nursing!  It passed over the years.  I dont have any answers except that I think it is pretty normal.  warm baths with ebson salts might help? warm compresses, if you have a lovely spouse, ask him or her to massage them with warm hands and coconut oil.  dreamy!!!
    • Posted

Thank you dee. It's nice to know that this happens to a lot of women. It is quite scary when it first happens and not for obvious reasons like nursing. At what age would you say yours started and about when did they stop? Thanks

• Posted

I nver really gave it alot of thought. it just came, i dealt with it and moved on. i just remember it hurt like hell!
  • Posted

Hi Shelly. tender/sore breasts are a common peri/meno symptom. i found when i started hrt the first few months my breasts were fuller/heavier/firmer/more tender & uncomfortable wearing a proper underwired bra, but after about 3mths on the hrt, it settled down to just mild occasional tenderness.

Like Maisie said, as soon as i get in the house i wip my "proper" bra off, & put one of the soft elasticy bralets on (bit like a crop top), & that gives me gentle comfortable support.  i get mine from deb...... they are called belvia bras - just the simple standard one in black or white & they are often on offer for under a fiver each. they have removable pads, no wires & i find them more comfy without the pads in.

hope this helps hun.

xxx

• Posted

WOW, THANKYOU ALL,

for your tremendous help........I think I will try the idea of the bra 2ladies mentioned from Deb........s.

i had a bra on yesterday all day ....l.

and I couldn't wait to get on I took it straight off, and I was in quite a lot of uncomfortable pain and were very tender and sore, JUST like when I was pregnant, if I had not of had the FSH test done I would thought  I was pregnant!!!!!!!!.

i to am on HRT and hoping some symptoms calm down ie low mood, tender breasts. And other symptoms.

ive had a huge response with this topic and didn't realise how deliberating this is.....hugs to u all, 

• Posted

Hi all I have been the breast clinic today all the pain like itching stabbing burning ect is all due to stress anxiety and hormones had all tests and mammogram done all clear 😊😊hope I have put some of you at ease God bless you all 🙏🏻🙏🏻💋

• Posted

Hi Kerry! Praise the Lord! That is great news. Isn't it strange how stress and anxiety cause breast pain. Did they explain any of that to you? I would love to know why.😊

• Posted

Hi thank you xxx I don't know I never asked to be honest they said that you can have pain in your chest cavity that appears to Be in breasts but it's from there i have a booklet to read through let you what I find xxx keep you in my prayers 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

my that was a frightening episode for you,

thanking god you are fine,

It's really scary as to how we have all these symptoms going on with peri and menapause........we are all so brave and strong.....

mmmmmmwhile men get it so flipping.

ive gone through this for 23 months now, how much more do I have to take then more symptoms appear or reappear much stronger/worse than before!!

when I think back to 2014, when my symptoms started to appear......we had just moved into a new build, on a brand new estate, I should of been sooooooo happy BUT I wasn't I was soooooo bloody miserable.

my 2 sons won't have this but I have a 15yr old daughter, and I pray that when it's her time I can be there for her........

hugs to you all. Xxxx lol....

• Posted

It was very x but this site is great I will try and get some facts on here over weekend from a booklet I was given it may help ease some ladies minds xx God bless us all 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Thank God. You must be feeling so relieved. That is why we forget

to ask stuff whilst we are there, the relief overtakes us and we

just want to get out of there!

Right, now you go out and get yourself a little treat, you deserve

it.

Have a great weekend Kerry, and everyone☺☺

• Posted

Does anyone know if applying a little heat to my chest would help with this?
    • Posted

Yes it will heat pad and I have used deep heat I've used only a small amount has skin is sensitive around area and can cause dry skin I have found good luck 😉 xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.