Tender when I touch under right ribs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

About 2 months ago, I did my jeans up and noticed that the right side of my stomach was bloated.

Not long after, I noticed a lump under my right ribs and that when I touched the area where our floating ribs are, it is sensitive, like an organ under the skin is tender or something, it doesn't actually hurt (yet).

Also when I lay down at night, I can feel something 'heavy' in my lower right stomach area.

A doctor did blood tests back in January but said they all came back clear.

I went back to the doctor (a different one) as this same issue is still happening and he told me my liver enzymes were up slightly and he sounded worried! He arranged for me to have more blood tests, I had them 2 days ago and am now waiting for the results.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I cant answer your question I'm afraid but I am experiencing the same as you physically with raised liver enzymes too and raised Ferratin but my Dr isnt worried despite me telling him my mother died at 73 with liver cirrhosis (never touched alcohol). I am worried. Ive just e mailed a private company today to ask about a private MRI and if this will show up liver issues. I know it wont be cheap but Ill just have to go without to get it done. I am also feeling tired often and just so uncomfortable. Looks as though I am going to have to sort myself out re tests.

• Posted

I'm sorry your doctor isn't taking this issue as seriously as you are.

please let me know how you go.

My bloods showed that my liver enzymes are still raised, slightly more than before.

He referred me to a gastreoenterologist (i think that's how it's spelt?!) but the app is not until May. It's hard to wait that long

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.