Tenderness on the fracture site

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a fibula fracture about 11 weeks ago. I have been fwb for the last 5-6 weeks.

I still feel slight tenderness on the fracture site during physical activity, such as long walks and doing leg presses in the gym.

Is this a sign that the fracture has not healed properly or is this normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The fracture site gets provoked especially when I jump sideaways.
  • Posted

Surgeon said I could do whatever I wanted UNLESS I felt pain or tenderness. You may want to cut back on your long walks and leg presses until you no longer feel tenderness.
  • Posted

Nope, I'm 6 months Thursday, still hurts but it's healed. 

• Posted

Hi, I had surgery 12 weeks ago. Fracture is 100% healed. There's not even a shadow of the original break. It is still tender but my ortho said I am to the point that I should push past the pain. He does not like to give me expectations on my healing but it seemed like I should expect discomfort for the next several months.

• Posted

Im over a year and still soooo much tenderness, stiffness and pain

• Posted

Pretty normal. I had a sprain 8 months ago and it still hurts every time. BTW did your doc/PT permit you to do leg presses? I was said to not even go anywhere near a gym for at least 1 year lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.