Tendon nodules? After fall broken wrist and finger

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a fall the beginning of August. broken wrist and middle finger. I was in a cast for a month and the wrist seems to be healing pretty well.

my middle finger is still very tight and I still can't bend it all the way without a somewhat painful tightness . i can use it on other than like cutting with a fork and knife.

I've just noticed in the last week or two . two hard lumps in my palm. they aren't beautiful but I'm really concerned it's a tension thing. the dr mentioned the could be some tension involvement based on where the break was. (nor sure if I bent the fingers back when I fell) I go back on the 23rd... and I'm almost sick with worry. I am a single person... and if I have to have surgery I'm really screwed if I can't drive for 8 weeks like I've read ... not driving is not an option where I live ....

any words of comfort or advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

lumps shouldn't say beautiful...I meant not painful

• Posted

I'm glad you corrected yourself. I really though you were weird to say it wasn't beautiful. So in any event, Is the bump/lump at the base of the finger? That might actually be caused by a condition called trigger finger. There is of course a scientific name but everyone just calls it trigger finger.

• Posted

not really at the Base more between the thumb and made of the middle finger but i jjust got back from the ortho. he said it is tendinitis / trigger finger... IN both my index and middle fingers. he gave me a cortizone shot and i go back in a month if it’s not improved. he said I should see improvement ... if it’s going to improve out the next3-4 days... he said it’s a 50/50 chance it’ll resolve on it’s own. i wish the odds were better I really don’t want to have surgery.

• Posted

The surgery is simple. In fact it's not much of a surgery and more just a procedure. I'm typing this one handed because a week ago I had 3 fingers fixed on my left hand. Over the years I've had to have every finger (except my pinkies.) and both thumbs fixed. They've been done by 3 different doctors and each one did it differently. The first time he did a nerve block and I could not move my whole arm or even feel it for a few hours. When my right thumb was done I also had Carpal tunnel fixed and finally I got all but my pinkies done with just a local to numb the area. 2 week later, they take the stitches out and all is good. I waited too long and my ring finger on my right hand was so bad I could not use it at all and the pain was severe. But the injections are the normal first treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.