Tendon Transfer post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I am 5.5 weeks post op and have been in a boot for 2 weeks. My foot and ankle are still numb and I feel fluttering and get sudden sharp stabbing pain lasts a few minutes then gone.

Saw Dr today he said it could be crps which is complex regional pain syndrome. What ? Has anyone else had this kind of pain?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have and you should take action asap I'm 3 yrs nd counting on crutches because i tried too listen too my doctors and ignore the pain sometimes it is part of your healing process though so idk just keep icing and elevation.

• Posted

Did you have tendon surgery? The dr looks at me like I am crazy when I complain of numbness and it's a weird sensation I get if someone touches the top and side of my foot its numb but it's super sensitive to touch. Does that even make sense?

• Posted

Yea my tendons all were torn apart and I had 2 missing ligaments and dead tissue. They took care of all of that in one surgery. And it makes total sense same thing happened too me they told me it can be a symptom of nerve damage. You should also check for that with ur surgeon and sometimes it can just b a cause of the surgery nd go away or it can stay for rest your life only time can tell my numbness and burning etc. Still is here slowly going away in some areas your not crazy your foot can be sensitive because you are still pretty early in ur surgery stage but in physical therapy they will help your foot sensitivity too go down sometimes it can take time.
    • Posted

If I had money I would. Plus it wouldn't matter now anyway my left foot is getting messed up now too. I will probably need surgery on it soon eventually. So ill be wheelchair bound either way.

• Posted

perhaps you can find something second hand...why is you left foot also failing...because you are depending on it so much?

hugs

• Posted

Yep I'm getting the same exact pain as I first did in my right ankle nd foot.my whole left side including my hip nd knee are messing up. Also I'm having back spasms.

• Posted

where are you from Armoni? I am finished with my knee scooter if you are near Chicago it is yours. it has a handbreak and basket I loved it. so did my kids
    • Posted

Hey, omg u are so sweet. But I am really far, I live in seattle washington. Thankyou though. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.godbless y'all.

• Posted

"Your foot and ankle are still numb” I think, it actually would be numb, because it’s too soon. The sudden sharp stabbing pain lasts a few minutes then gone would be with you and maybe would stay; I’m in week 13 (almost) and still sometimes feel that. Interestingly I only do the surgery to get rid of these little symptoms and now nothing changed, AT ALL.

What is that "Complex regional pain syndrome"?! I did not here of that, you are lucky because now in week 12, when I talk about my pains to the Doctors, he only laughs and say these are Normal! He didn’t tell such things before surgery! You are lucky that your Doctor do not laughs at you and just telling you these are normal and will go away...

• Posted

Not good my friend, I feel stiffness in the mornings, and then I hear some kinds of voices in toes and metatarsal! Then I feel a little pain in inside knee after walking,

At nights it goes worse, I have really bad pain in big toe joint and also metatarsals area (below toes), my knee pain didn’t go away, but toe pains is too much that makes me actually forget the knee...

• Posted

Hi, I have been following discussion. I am 3 weeks post op revised tendon transfer. First one done by different surgeon. A long story but I ended up with loads of adhesions and some torn tissues and the transfer too loose. This has all been corrected. I know there was a lot of cutting so I expected pain. It is the plaster that seems to be causing all the problems. It is pressing on my wounds and causing so much pain. If my foot moves position slightly it is much worse. I know it is very bruised and a get shooting pains and also a pulling painful feelingwhere the plaster is tight and I am worried that it is retearing the wounds inside. I have no one to talk too. I would be so grateful for a reply.
    • Posted

Hello, sorry to hear you had to have surgery redone. I am still having issues with nerve pain and numbness, I will see the dr next week to see if this cam boot can finally come off. I am afraid that my nerve pain will not go away. I don't have it all the time just mostly at night. I can be just sitting eating dinner and call of a sudden I get stabbing pain and it takes my breath away it only lasts a minute or two and gone but this will happen several times every day. Night time when I get into bed my foot feels like it's jumping but it really isn't moving but the nerves just seem to be on fire. I was given meds to take but I hate taking any kind of medicine and the side effects seem to bad.

I am hoping once I start physical therapy the nerves will go back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.