tendonitis - is there a link to hashimoto's hypothyroidism?

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 weeks now and still in bad pain with tendonitis in my foot. Treatment only helps a little bit so far.

Wondering could it be linked to hashis hypo or levo? Anybody else suffer from same?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had planters facitis for about 2 years i dont know if it was related to Hashimoto, it has gone now although i still get twinges of pain now and then.

Hope yours soon gets better but i think these sort of things take time .

• Posted

Did you do anything to possible cause tendonitis? New shoes, walk on different surface? Over stretch? 

I was standing on my right leg for a while when I was shoveling weeds and now have hip bursitis flare. Darn it. Taking months to heal. I'm trying to strengthen my muscles around it, it's helping. But yes, I'm avoiding over stretching my feet for fear of plantar fasciitis. 

• Posted

Did nothing at all as I'm so tired. Perhaps it's because I don't exercise anymore. rolleyes

• Posted

Yeah, the word exercise is sometimes a ... Can't think of a word, but not something we'd just jump for joy to do.

However, stretching can feel good and help circulation. And keep is pliable. 

Im learning the hard way Levo may have caused me osteoporosis.

So, now I wish I had exercised more. Ha.

I was a runner back then, but pulled a muscle while moving to a new home and didn't do much for years after that. Darn.

Take care, hope you can get physical therapy for your foot. Hope you heal quick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.