Tennis Elbow

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had tennis Elbow for 9 weeks from playing tennis. At first it was not too bad as I didn't realise what it was. I went to the doctors and I wasn't given some advice and I was told it wasn't too bad. Now this pain has gone but I feel some numbness or irritation in the area. Is this normal? Can I go back to some tennis with a support? Please note I played some pool and crazy golf this week on holiday mostly pain free but a little sore after playing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good grief. You went to a doctor who didn't do a thing to help you but to say "it" wasn't too bad. I hope he/she didn't charge you. I have had "golfer's" elbow which is the same as tennis elbow except the pain is on the opposite side of the elbow. The "cure" for both is the same. You have to stabilize your wrist. Weird right? It does work and you can buy the devise at a medical supply store or a pharmacy. Since I had gone to the doctor the wrist support I received was quite substantial with metal stabilizers. Being right handed I was glad it was my left wrist. I hope you remain pain free and continue enjoying activities with friends.

• Posted

No I didn't get charged. I might try some light hitting for tennis and then work from there. I just assume the arm will not be right for a while and not to be too concerned. I am pain free as I type this but it's like a weird kind of sensation feeling.

• Posted

Now you have had Tennis elbow you are likely to get it again,so supports for wrist and elbow are advisable.

The usual treatment is painkillers like oral Ibuprofen, Ibuprofen gel rubbed into the joint and rest, with gentle movement.

Strangely I know several people who swear by a copper bracelet for this condition. Worth a try.

• Posted

Yuk,Kevin lfc,dont think I had tennis elbow,before, but when the gout flared on my elbow, it would double in size from fluid build up, and talk about excrusiating pain, trying to turn them pipe wrenches in the fire sprinkler trade, since doc at va got me on allupurinol,seems to keep flares at bay,but still wake up ,ankles ,toes,knees hurt/ache,think my joints are rottening faster than normal ,but I am 56, gout atrophy knots all over my body ,if I make it to 60 guess I made it ,but I feel your pain ,I am going to send you a triple slama,bama,jamma,solar megawattage,soothing powerflux ,resonating,cyber energy, warming wave, ok,here,comes the healing force plasma,zoom ballomba,razzel, macbrazzel,simbalamba zoomba,shagga lagga ok ,bless you ttfn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.