Tense arms from shoulder

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does get tense arms always from my shoulders down both arms

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It can depend on where the problem is, In my case it would be coming from the neck as a referred pain. Hard to say really

B.

• Posted

It's seems to come from shoulder blade but then it make my arms tense it really does my head in

• Posted

Could it be the way you are sitting, if you are sitting crumpled up like me tonight you will get pains in your shoulders and arms. Try sitting more straight and straighten the neck muscles.

B.

• Posted

I don't think so I've tried creams I've tried ice and heat packs its just doing my head in it goes from left to right or sometimes both arms

• Posted

Try having a shower concentrait the shower head as warm as you can from the base of the neck upwards to your head, then back down past the shoulder to shoulder and arm. When you dry of use some NSID cream on the neck and down the shoulder and arms, if there is any swelling the cream will reduce that swelling. Put the cream on after you are dry.

Try some Nurophen NSID Medication, they can be purchased in Supermarkets, you will be allowed two packets, use those until finished and if that with the other things does not work, talk to your GP

B.

• Posted

Have not heard about that one. Give it a try, it may work if it is form joint and nerve pain

B.

• Posted

Borderriver you have some great advice to everyone on this forum so on would like to thank you for being so helpful its like haveing my own gp online so thank you:-)
  • Posted

Both arms at the same time? From the shoulder to the elbow. Like they are both heavy at the same time. Because i have gotten this a few times and it scared me. I think its from the neck though. Something with the neck that does that if thats the same thing you are talking about. 
    • Posted

It is scary last year I went to a chiropractor and physio which I paid myself but the chiropractor said they would help me but they where more interested in the money as it wasn't working. So I had to session with physio and that's how started with the tens machine as at first it was helping but then I was over useing it I would have it on from the time I got up to the time I went to bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.