tense feeling on body with neck pain but no fainting?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, so my symptoms started about 10 months ago where i was very stressed because i was giving exams. So i started having feelings of dizziness, my neck was tense so my shoulders and my back were tense too. I do not have balance problems and i never had fainted. But this symptoms are driving me crazy, my jaw cracks and pops every day, i have neck pain and dizziness, nausea and bloating feeling sometimes. I feel my whole body gets tense and i wonder if it just stress. I had an x-ray on my neck and it was clear, also my blood tests were fine. The tension of the neck and the jaw are causing me headaches that have trigger points all over my head and jaw. I wonder if its tmj so i hope it will be just tmj because i am going to maxillofacial doctor probably next week. Any ideas of what would it be?My symptoms tend to worsen when i move my neck though, also i had bad body posture for several years. I am 18 years old now.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it's just stress. Try to relax and not think about it and it will all go away most likely. Find something really good for relaxing like swimming or sauna. And be very careful with doctors - they can make you way worse. Relax and let your body heal with good diet, and find activities to de-stress.

• Posted

Hi George,

There are several neurological disorders that affect mucle/nerve function. They cause extreme anxiety, muscle spasms, and chronic pain. I have a neurological movement disorder called Dystonia. Mine is specific to my neck and is called Cervical Dystonia, but dystonia can affect any area of your body. I have severe stiffness in my neck which also effects my vision, thinking, and loss of mobility in my neck. I get severe migraines from the tension in the neck muscles as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.