Tension

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello ladies

As you are probably aware(well some of you) I am on HRT,things have eased a bit but not everything. Does anyone have severe tension that has built up over time?

I realise I don't breath naturally,well haven't for a while due to bad peri symptoms. I tend to gulp breathing or sort of hold my breath breathing. It must have become a habit. My body is all stiff and shoulders are sore. When I try and relax my body it's like it doesn't settle into relaxation. I seem to be thinking of my breathing all the time. Even my nose burns to breath. I need to get my body back to a comfortable state !

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle. Anxiety or stress, particularly prolonged can tense muscles up. worst area for this is neck, back & shoulders! On occasions I have gone to my local beauty salon for a simple back, neck & shoulder massage for half an hour (costs about £20) & feel like I could do cartwheels afterwards! Definately worth a go hun. Maybe suggest it to hubby, he might pay for it! xxx
    • Posted

Hi looloo

Yes I'm going to book a massage in my hair salon. My husband said he would pay,he is very good. How are you? Ok I hope. I must say HRT has eased the acid reflux and depression. I've been doing exercises every day to try and stay flexible. There is a keep fit club near where I live on Wednesdays . I'm going to give it a go. We've just got to try and get through this,it won't disappear so make the best of this horrible time 🌝

• Posted

Hi Michelle. That's good, what a sweet hubby you have. I'm getting on fine with the hrt, & so glad it's helped me with the mental symptoms which were the worst for me, particularly as I'm off sick with other health problems at the moment. I think I would be mentally all over the place if I hadn't started the hrt when I did & wouldn't be coping with being unwell. I am suffering a colitis flare at present & have been passing kidney stone gravel for few weeks too, so in lots of pain & very very tired all the time. Even a trip to the doctors tires me out at present. Have you been to doc's today yet or is it later? xxx
    • Posted

Oh poor you. Yes I went this morning. My doctor said I can take the progesterone morning or night. I asked her about upping to 200mg. She said if you have heavier periods you would go on 200mg. My periods weren't bad at all so she said it's up to me. I know it's the estrogen supplement that helps the mental and sweating symptoms. I will see how it goes. I'm on Evorel 50 which is the starting dose. Today I'm not to bad so will keep on with the 50 patch for now. I can imagine the pain,I had my gallbladder out last year and leading up to that was bad enough xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle. I have the utrogestan leaflet in front of me. the 100mg dose is a daily dose days 1-25 of cycle at bedtime (it says because utrogestan may cause drowsiness, it should be taken at bedtime). It also says it should not be taken with food.(I have found if I took mine when I have eaten dinner very late occasionally, i feel a bit dizzy, so perhaps that's why). when i asked my doc about this dose she said no - (she did explain why, but I can't honestly remember the ins & outs of why not-sorry!) she told me to go on the 2 tablets (200mg) days 15-26 of cycle, with estrogen gel every night. Do you take your progesterone tablets days 15-26 too Michelle? One thing I will ask my doc next time I see her is if you need progesterone to "oppose" the risks of oestrogen (ie take both), why don't you take the progesterone every day too (You use the oestrogen every day)? - as there will be days in the cycle where you are taking oestrogen but not progesterone.... hormones eh, what a minefield xxx
    • Posted

Hi there

I take the progesterone tablets from days 14-28 of cycle before breakfast. I do only take 100mg not 200mg. I have evorel patches which I have on all the time. I change them twice a week. I'm not sure the equivalent dose mine gives compared to yours? Xx

• Posted

Hi Michelle. I'm not sure as my estrogen is a gel. I would try taking the progesterone at night few hours after dinner before bedtime as the leaflet suggests. Did your doc check your bp again & agree to check your thyroid again? xx
    • Posted

No she didn't! She still claims it will be ok. I don't know where she gets that from. I could perhaps get it tested elsewhere.
    • Posted

Oh Michelle! No wonder you titled one of your previous posts "doctors, doctors, doctors!" That's rubbish! 9mths have passed since your thyroid was last checked & your bp was low very recently-can't believe she just fobbed you off - she should've at very least checked your bp again & done bloods for thyroid re-check. I don't think there is anywhere else apart from gp surgery that would test this. Maybe you could see another gp there & emphasise you think this should be done for reasons above. Still can't believe you've been fobbed off just like that.......xxx
    • Posted

I know. I have got a blood pressure kit at home so can test myself now. It's a bit better today. Will make another appointment and really push for it I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.