Tension and anxity

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody else suffer with really bad tension in there neck, shoulders, and back , I've been having some problems with phlem in the back of my throat and keep clearing my throat so could be connected also on sertraline

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Yes I get major tension in my neck and back. Extremely uncomfortable and hard to get rid of. I try and sleep with a pillow under my neck for support at night and dry some deep breathing and eventually it clears but can always feel it there in the background ready to reappear. It's all to do with stress and anxiety. Try some relaxation techniques as frequently as you can, it should help a little x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah! I can relate to your problem! As I have suffered for years with chronic anxiety! I have reflexology and aromatherapy! I am also a carer for my disabled hubby! He's got osteoarthritis of the spine hips and knee's also deaf and severely sighted! So anxiety levels are not good! I am on beta blockers propranalol. Have a good weekend. Regards Amanda
  • Posted

Hi I have tension caused by an autoimmune disease but having read the notes about the drug your on it seems more drying and would be contra indicated for me as my disease causes a very dry mouth. I of course don't know your age or why you are taking this, I wonder if the mucous you describe could be post nasal drip possibly because you have sinusitis or hay fever. I would see your GP to discuss these possibilities.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I am in serline for my depression, I don't get these symtoms, been in them for a while now.  I suggest you seek advice from your gp
  • Posted

Sarah

i had the same symptom with the phlegm in the back of my throat.  It is a lot better now.  Never had it before so I am sure it is related to the meds.  Others have posted with this problem.

lynda

• Posted

My neck and back is stiff as a board when my anxiety is bad the joints in my hands and elbows also ache really badly. If im having severe anxiety i get bad pins and needles in my face and hands and i get bad skin rashes that i never got before i started suffering with anxiety. Ive always had bad psyical symptoms with mine sad
    • Posted

Hi Hayley! I too suffer with stiff joints as well as awful anxiety! Plus I am 13 weeks post op having had my right hip replacement! I am always so tense all the time! I am also my Hubby's full time carer as he's not well with osteoarthritis of hips and knee's and also he's severely sighted and deaf! I find that reflexology helps me when I feel low. Even aromatherapy is wonderful! Regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.