Tension headache when driving

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys, im 32 year old and im a truck driver. Im having this huge problem, when i drive my truck i get this tension headache and my sinus inflamed. When I come home and dont drive the headache goes away, so it hapens only when I drive or when the engine is running. I thought maybe the problem is with the truck that it might be having some exhaust leak or something, so to make sure I took my wife and kids with me on a little trip, when we drove i started noticing the usual headache and nasal pain, i asked her if she feels or smells anything weird? she said no everythings fine it's just me, im getting very stressed out about this, i cant normally work. i went to the doctor to check my nose and they checked it with the camera and did ct scan and they said everythings fine. I just have to use nasal spray and it'll go away, but this has been going on for few months already, and i've had something similar 2 years ago. Im just looking for answers, all these tension pills dont really work...any help appreciated. Thank You

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am having problems with my ears at the moment at this sounds similar to the the sensation that I sometimes experience when driving. I too have headaches and sinus pain.

I'm not sure why it happens just while driving for you but might it be that your inner ears are partially blocked causing the pressure elsewhere. Obviously ears and sinuses are all connected.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I'm not a medical professional. I have problems with balance, hearing, and eye sight. Oh heck I'm falling apart, things are breaking but, I'd maybe would start thinking about the tone of the Diesel engine. They can have a droning sound. It could be that. Maybe a pair of noise canceling Ear Buds (wireless or Bluetooth) to listen to your media. It just might be enough to block and help.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.