Tension headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

I get a normal amount of sleep. I take no drug. Or do not drink alcohol anymore. I occasionally have coffee in the mornings. If I don't drink coffee I'll have a energy shot. I never drink sodas. Only water. And I have been taking a probiotic for woman's vaginal health for 6 days. I have had tension headaches on and off for about a week now. Maybe one a day. That's mild but still annoying and effects my mood. I stay grumpy with them. What could be causing them. I don't drink enough caffeine I wouldn't think to have caffeine addiction. I've cut that out awhile back and experienced headaches nothing like this tho.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bright lights from tv and or computer can cause headaches and sometimes sleeping in a bad position the neck causing strain & muscles cramps. Wearing proper eye glasses while reading or proper sunglasses while driving . Often times glare from objects can set off a sudden headache. Sometimes even food allergies, and dehydration is a really big one for me. Drink lots of water and electrolites can also be a culprit.

Exercise in moderation & sitting for long periods can interfere with proper blood flow and posture is important. Some medications are a culprit even supplements . I go for a walk loosen up and just the fresh air helps. Also the heater can cause headaches and sinus pressure headaches and then it's spring,  yikes,  all the pollen is always a issue. Oh let's not forget stress it's #1 for sure.

It's really a guess as to what may be causing your headaches. It is miserable and can make anyone grumpy. Just rest in a dark place for a few minutes helps along with slow breathing techniques and music helps by relaxing tension build up in the body. Keeping a daily journal can help with clues to give you basic ideas on what may be causing your headaches. Last be mindful of the day's events learn what triggers your headaches then it will be easier to catch with meds, rest and help find techniques to help control those symptoms that make us feel horrible and crabby! 🙄

good Luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. It's just so weird that they're all of a sudden. I don't think I've ever had them. It's just so much pressure around my head. Mostly in the front with a very very dull ache. OTC medicine has helped but I have read over and over were it can trigger rebound headaches if you use them to much. I recently started back drinking instant coffee. I feel like it may be the source of it. I haven't drank it in forever now I have these weird head issues. I'm gonna see about not drinking it for awhile

• Posted

Sounds like a good start. Check off different sources as you go . 

I get it about rebound headaches, sounds like you got it!

hope it better soon! 👍

• Posted

The pressure was again today. Tomorrow makes around 8 days. I have no other symptoms but the pressure in head I've taken over the counter medicine to help relieve the dull headaches when it comes. But the pressure is none stop. The only other option could be the mirena iud. That I have in mind. I've never been caffeine sensitive so I don't understand. I've always been able to go back and forth from not drinking caffeine to drinking again with periods in between. I experienced headaches then. That would go away after a day or so. But nothing like this crap. It's annoying. Anyone else experiencing or experienced this???!

• Posted

My goodness 8 days is a long time to have the same headache. I hope you will feel better soon. I know you will find the source you have made a lot of good suggestions.

feel well. Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.