Tension in the neck

Posted , 6 users are following.

this week symptom for me is a strong tension/pain on my neck which then moves at the back of my neck.

I am wondering if yet it's another symptom or side effect that some of you experience.

Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

ye i remember having this, its strange how cit makes some of your muscles ache but it is a side effect.

• Posted

Yes I certainly did have those pains in neck and up back of head..have now stopped my Citalopram for about 7 weeks and suffering from some withdrawal symptoms of lumpy throat and thick catarrh back of nose and ears..very unpleasant but am determined to see it through and not go back on Citaloptam. .Do not feel depressed but just fed up with unpleasant symptoms...

k

• Posted

i am 2 days in and my neck is so sore, feel like i cant swallow aswell, its awful,

i feel even more anxious! been having hear palpitations this evening too.

• Posted

im two days in and feeling the same as well as shaky, nauseated, tingling.

• Posted

Are you 4 days in to withdrawal of Citalopram .?.I am into 2 months and still nasty symptoms of thick congestion and neck pains but onwards and upwards is my motto. .I think withdrawal symptoms can continue for ages. .especially if you have been on the drug for a while..I was taking 20mg for a year...Val

• Posted

Are you 4 days in to withdrawal of Citalopram .?.I am into 2 months and still nasty symptoms of thick congestion and neck pains but onwards and upwards is my motto. .I think withdrawal symptoms can continue for ages. .especially if you have been on the drug for a while..I was taking 20mg for a year...Val

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.