Tension like headache, neck pain, tiredness & feeling out of it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi is any one else experiencing the same? & any answer of what it could be?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get these symptoms and I have anxiety. A chiropractor helps with my neck.
    • Posted

Ive also been getting anxiety since this started, doctor gave me propranolol to help. How long do your symptoms last? Thank you for your reply smile
    • Posted

Mine have been going on for over 18 months. Used to take propranolol they do help but they made me put weight on. Also felt like my heart was beating faster although they are supposed to slow it down! I've got a neurology referral in June to see what's causing it.
  • Posted

This could be chronic fatigue syndrome. This shows a combination of symptoms rather than a set disease, as each person manifests a different set of symptoms. CFS may be occurring due to Epstein-Barr virus or human herpes virus (HHV-6) infection. Food sensitivities have been shown to be associated with chronic fatigue and once they have identified particular foods to avoid many people find a great improvement in their symptoms. Relaxation and stress-reduction techniques can help manage chronic pain and fatigue.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I will look in to it. How is it diagnosed? I'm due to have a brain scan in June x
  • Posted

Hi im not an expert but from research there are many things that can cause your symptoms which need ruling out before chronic fatigue or anxiety are suggested. Do you recall injuring your neck? There are nerves in your neck that can give you headaches and affect you mentally if inflammed or damaged. But many conditions can cause that. If you havent injured your neck, have you been checked for autoimmune disease? ThyroidThyroid etc?

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply. Before all this happened I had been getting a lot of backache at the top & bottom of my back & a few days before I woke up with a bad neck where I found it hard to move. With 2 little ones I'm constantly picking them up which I guess as just added to it as they tend to hang off your neck when putting them down. For the last 2 days I've been waking up with pain from my neck all the way down to the bottom of my back so I am wondering if this is all to do with my neck. Would this show up on a MRI scan? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.