Tension/pressure/headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Could anyone help.ive been getting pressure in my head for the last 3 days now.ive had it before but not 3 days straight.my doctor said it's probably just with worrying and has up my propranolol from 10mg tablets to 40mg tablets.im a really bad worrier.is it normal to get lots of pressure and headaches through anxiety

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

are u felling dizziness and sleep problems also???
    • Posted

Yes I have dizzy spells and I'm a terrible sleeper.i never have a good nights sleep.i always think the worst things when I get this pressure and stuff so I probably don't help myself.gp says I'm probably stressing over nothing
  • Posted

Yeah, I get that, and it moves around different parts of my head. I clench my teeth too which doesn't help! It's definitely part of anxiety
    • Posted

yup if u are getting these syptoms it is anxiety.... try to go to some party or on a vacation and u will be ok....
    • Posted

My head also itches quite a lot and I get spots on my scalp a few people said this could be caused by stress
  • Posted

Hi muffer are you getting pain behind your eyes ? Is your eye sight being affected. Just for reassurance like me , I had headaches for 2 full weeks straight but they put it down to my age and lack of fluids so went on a fluids course throughout the days and it got better. My pain is not localised at all. I would see your GP Just for reassurance as they might shine a torch into your eye to check into your eye for a more serious condition such as a tumour. I also got told to go for a eye test as my eyes were being affected to. But no swelling at the back of my eyes. I have rescheduled for today so wish me luck .
    • Posted

Yes I went to my gp she looked in my eyes and did some reflex tests etc.....I do get pain round my eyes but I think that's due to not wearing my glasses as much as I should
  • Posted

it happens to me sometimes pressure in my head im also taking propranolol cuz my blood tension usually gets high when im too anxiuos or have a panic attack. Try to keep your mind busy doing something else to reduce your anxiety.
  • Posted

Yes I suffer from these when my anxiety is at its highest.  The headaches linger even after the anxiety has settled.  Take some thing for the headaches and keep yourself busy doing something to calm the anxiety.  Coloring with adult coloring books, meditating, or doing something you take alot of pleasure in.  Remind yourself that it is your anxiety. Medications are not completely make  us fearless. They are to assist with chemical imbalances, calm us enought to find ways of coping with our anxiety. Good luck.
  • Posted

Yeah, I got those a lot. It's just anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.