Tension type headache

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have been diagnosed with tension-type headache and started taking Amitriptyline 25g since June 2013. This helped a lot and the dosage was lowered to 10mg. My question is 'can you become immune to Amitriptyline' as my headaches have returned in the last 3 weeks for no apparent reason.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've also been prescribed Amytrptiline 10mg when the nature of my headaches changed. I've been told I can take up to 4 per night. 

I would think that 10mg is too low for you. Was there a reason for reducing from 25mg?

maybe 2x 10mg would work better for you but maybe consult dr first?

• Posted

It was reduced because I was getting a very dry mouth and it did still work for me at the time. Maybe you are right - the dose should be increased. 
  • Posted

it is possible that your body may have become acclimatised to the drug.  Maybe you should have a drug review with your GP

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.