Terbinafine 250 medication

Posted , 7 users are following.

Let me just say this stuff is a life savor for my feet. When I met my husband he had athletes foot and obviously a foot fungus. I never knew that I would catch it on my feet and MAN I went from having beautiful feet to just hidding my feet. I hated them. I couldnt even go to get a pedicure. I finally had enough after 3 years and went to my primary care doctor and told I need help and I am scheduling my husband to see you also. So Ive been taking it and also using a foot cream everyday and holly molly what a huge difference I might be able to show my feet again this summer. My husband also started it and let me remind you he has had this since he was 13 and is now almost 37. I can't believe he would wait this long to correct his feet. Any advice to a poor wife that has to take in something that she never had GOOOOOOO to the doctor and dont wait. Make sure you check your liver functions first because it may effect your liver. Anyone else take this and have a positive effect?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am really really glad for you!

Unfortunately most of us lost our taste for a long while after starting it. I hope to read that more, like you, have had success with it!

• Posted

In India we have a habit of taking weekly cocunut oil bath. This saves us from this kind of issue and reduces heat from the body.

I like natural remedies. Anyway thanks for sharing.

• Posted

Hi jennifer62995, I was treated with oral Lamisil and my toenails recovered. I just want to let you know that it is important to regularly monitor your nails after treatment. If you notice any discoloration you should act quickly. 

After treatment with oral Terbinafine the relapse rate is about 20 percent. When I was intially treated 4 toe nails where affected. After a year or so the fungal infection returned on one of the nails. I did not want to take a course of Lamisil again (on account of just one nail) so instead I used an occlusive bandage with Lamisil cream. That nail recovered as well and has been fine. 

The other thing that is really important is to disinfect shoes for example with an anti-fungal alcohol based spray or with anti-fungal powder. I personally would discard shoewear that was worn previously without socks. You could also add laundry disinfectant when washing socks or towels. 

Nail tools have to be disinfected thoroughly (scissors, clippers, etc). While the infection is still ongoing you should use a different set of tools to trim healthy nails. 

After the nail infection is successfully treated it is best not to wear the same pair of (closed) shoes on consecutive days. A dry 'shoe' environment is more hostile to fungal spores and my help prevent a relapse. 

• Posted

I've been taking it for 2.5mths now after trying to treat it naturally for 7yrs without any luck! I have seen a big improvement thus far in my skin and nails on my feet. It had gotten very bad over the last year and I was tire dof hiding my feet, I usually love to be barefoot or in sandals! I am hopful that by late spring or summer I can stop hiding my feet. I still have some dry cracked spots on my heels that aren't fully better yet but I have been taking photos so I remember just how far I've come on this. My husband got it from me and just started the pills a week ago. We're also using a topical on our nails. My first liver test on day 45 came back perfect, what a relief! I go again after Easter. I have been doing things that help your liver, eating foods that are said to help and drinking warm water with lemon almost daily. You can look up liver detox and foods that help your liver and work them into your daily life to help! How long have you been taking it? Good luck!

• Posted

I'm checking with my doctor. Yep the husband. Same story here. Thanks Jennifer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.