Terbinafine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on day 5 of terbinafine for toenail fungus. How do I know if it is working? Is there a process. Lighter nail darker nail can you help with this.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am assuming that you are being treated with oral Terbinafine. In that case, the infected part of nail will not change. Rather healthy nail growth will gradually replace the infected part. 5 days is much to early to evaluate if the treatment is working.

• Posted

it takes a little while for you to see the difference. When your nail grows out you will see the difference in the toe nail.
    • Posted

Thanks Jennifer62995, my doctor has me into the 2nd month now. I went to follow up last week and he told me to file down the mail as it grows not to clip it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.