Terbinafine not working for fungal infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have jock itch nd fungal infection on the back and neck also.I was prescribed with terbinafine for 42 days along with ketoconazole 2% cream.I m on 23rd pill now but yet to see any significant improvement.The bump in the groin area goes down a little but no major improvement.It is now started to spread.What should i do...When I will see improvement

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

F i were you i would insist upon a skin biopsy being done, that way they can use that to figure out exactly what it is. And then treat it properly! Dont let them use you as a guinea pig!!!

• Posted

I will most probably visit the dermatologist after 1 week.I will update the progress there after
    • Posted

Athats good also remember there are many different strains of fungal/yeast so when they do the biopsy they can find out exactly what it is, terbinifine may not be effective against what is going on with you😟 good luck and prayer s for u

• Posted

Hi you need to eliminate sugar and yeasty stuff from your diet, sugar and yeast feeds fungal infections and help it spread. Also wear 100% cotton shorts  or pants and nothing to tight. 

Sue 

• Posted

What are the alternatives if terbinafine dont work.I heard tht it is the strongest oral pill for fungus.I m very much depressed now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.