Teresa has had an SSS Day-Puzzled then read on to find out more.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had another good day.I had my staples removed this morning.(1st S) I  looking forward to it but removing the dressing was worse than the staples.I guessed I would have about 20-30 staples but I only had 9.I braved looking at my scar when I got home and it didn't look that bad.It is about 8 inches long and a nice straight line.I then had a shopping spree(2nd S) On the way back from my surgery I popped into work (supermarket)to say hello and get some shopping.All my colleagues were surprised to see me and pleased to hear that everything went well.I spent about 1hr going round as I kept getting stopped.When I got home I felt fine just a little achy.I took a couple of paracetamol had lunch and then sat in the garden in the lovely sun(3rd S)A couple of times I felt myself nodding off.I have now had my dinner and  a shower and I am relaxing on the settee.I am very pleased to think that I went out for about half an hr Mon,about 1.5 hrs yesterday and about 2hrs today.I was thrilled aswell when 2or 3 of my colleagues could notice my weight loss already.I wore a top that I have had for a long time but it got quite tight and clingy,tried it on today and it hung lovely.I keep looking at my self in the mirror sideways and am pleased considering it is early days.I don't feel so tired or hungry between meals aswell and I haven't lost my appetite since I have been home.Which ladies are due a TAH in May?I would like to help you get through this.Please don't worry it is easier than you think.

luv

Teresa

xxx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Sweetie I am so glad to hear how you're upbeat and feeling good.

Take your time and get well with much rest.

It is wonderful to hear your colleagues care so much.

How long will your recovery take before you can go back to work?

Hugs

Debbie

• Posted

lovely account. its strange when you are just home from surgery , you get down about how rubbish you feel, but day by day, you can do more and the pain starts to get less.
  • Posted

Morning Debbie,

First i must say what an early bird you were this morning.Could you not sleep?

I am on my own today but still feel ok.I have a slight pulling on my left side but i have had this since day 1.This is ths side i get out of bed and off the settee if i have been laying down so i have put

more pressure on this side.I will

check with my doctor when i see

her on Mon.

I have been signed off for 8 weeks.My consultant originally

said 6 weeks when i saw him in Jan but when i spoke to my doctor she thought 3 months.One of my consultants colleagues came to discharge me and when we discussed my cerficate she asked me how long i wanted.I explained what i have just written and she asked me if 8 weeks was ok and i agreed.I will have a follow up appointment in 6-8 weeks but i am not sure if the hospital issue another certificate if need be ir whether it is my doctor.I am due back to work June 8th which gives me 3 weeks before i go away.It would be great if i can get another 3 weeks,have my holiday and then go back.If i return part time for 1-2 weeks i am not sure if i still get full pay-does any one know?

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

No unfortunately not a lot of sleep.

It sounds like things are moving along smoothly for you. I hope you continue to get better and you can enjoy your holiday.

I got my results and she isn't sure if she will leave the ovaries or take them too. I go Saturday for the Brock blood test to see if I carry the gene. Breast cancer runs in my family and a family member who had breast cancer just found out she has ovarian cancer. She was told 40 years ago she didn't have anything left. She won't make it through the week so with that being said my doctor said I need to be tested and we will go from there.

Either way it's a major surgery. I don't think there's any easy way of removing the uterus, and/or ovaries.

I don't know about your pay but definitely look into it.

• Posted

Hi Teresa!!

I just wanted to check in and see how you're feeling. I hope you're taking it easy.

I wanted to let you know about my consult because you asked smile

She will do the hysterectomy vaginally. I first need to get the Brock test results back to find out if my ovaries will be taken.

Please take care!!!!!

Love

Debbie

Hugs to you!!!

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for thinking of me.I an doing great,going out every day,eating loads and generally very happy.At the moment i am resting on the settee with a fleecy throw as it is a bit chilly.My Dad has

done the washing and he is

cooking a roast dinner.It is

easier getting off the settee

now and getting out of bed.I

am so happy that i can sleep

on my side as i thought it

would take weeks. Another

week has nearly passed

since my op.Before i know it i

will be back to work(horrible

thought)

How long will you have to wait for your op?

xxx

• Posted

Aww you're welcome Teresa.

That's amazing how you feel so good and I am so happy for you!

It's wonderful to have someone to help and take care of you. What time is dinner? Lol. It sounds delish. Your dad is sweet and awesome smile

I won't know until my blood results come back, so it won't be for at least another 4 weeks yet. She can't do surgery until I know these results. It is to see if I carry the gene for ovarian cancer.

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Sorry i just shut my eyes for half an hour.Dinner is at 6pm.Pork chops,roast potatoes,roast parsnips,cabbage and yorkshire puddings.Butterscotch tart and custard for dessert.

4 weeks sounds a long time for your results,hope it is good news.My Dad laughed when i read your message.He has just laid the table ready.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

Don't be sorry!

Enjoy dinner and I'm glad your dad got a laugh.smile

It is a long time for that type of test.

Take care!!!

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Glad you are feeling so well, me too and i was beginning to think something was going to hit me like a brick as feel too well. I'm now 10 days post op and feel great only issue is before op i was a scurrier and always in a hurry to get somewhere but now i'm finding myself walking a lot slower but i'm going to start trying to up my speed from Monday which will be 2 weeks. How are you finding walking and generally doing things around the house (i'm just pleased i can reach the floor easily from standing now - small things lol)

• Posted

Hi,

I am now 16 days post op and still getting on fine.Walking is ok but i don't rush and i still go up and down stairs one at a time just as a precaution.Getting out of bed is fine but i can't straighten the duvet as it is quite heavy and i can't pull the bed away from the wall to make it.I can bend down to pick light things off the floor but i can't bend down to get to things like the veg box at the bottom of the fridge.Getting in and out of the bath for a shower is easier and i can even clean the bath round afterwards.Did a couple bits of ironing a couple of days ago but didn't get the ironing board out.Been helping cook the dinner but can't open the oven door.Very pleased with my recovery,hope it carries on going well.

xxx

• Posted

sounds like you are doing great. You will be back to normal in no  time, i am 7 weeks on and mostly back to normal , only thing is wearing tight trousures is no so comfy, so been wearing dresses
    • Posted

Morning,

Thanks for your comments.

I am now 18 days post op and i can't believe how quickly time has gone.Yesterday i did some washing,pegged the small items on the line and even helped to plant some hanging baskets up but i didn't carry the baskets once filled.I still feel great.I need a lot of new clothes now but even though i have been out a few times iisn't too the right shops.I have bought 4 tops which are 2 sizes smaller than usual as i don't need them so big now round the bottom and i have ordered 3 pairs of trousers also 3 pairs smaller.It makes me feel really good.I was wearing tight trousers after week 2.I having my hair cut on Mon and every so often i have highlights and they need doing again and i feelthat this is the time to treat myself

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.