Teresa's going back to hospital tomorrow.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please don't panic,there are no problems.This is just meant to be an 8-10 week follow up appointment from last Oct for the Gastroenterology clinic.To cut a long story i went there last Oct as i have a history of IBS and i was getting more stomach pains than normal.I had already had an ultrasound scan before i saw the consultant and because it already showed up fibroids i was then referred to Gynae.I had a letter outof the blue yesterday for an appointment next month which i had to change.when i phoned earlier i got offered a cancellation one for tomorrow. Because they deal with hernias and they couldn't operate at the same time as my hysterectomy i would like like it checked.My Dr wanted to leave it but this is my chance and i am going to take it.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Good luck for tomorrow, hope everything goes fine for you.  Please let us know how you get on.  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Thanks for your wishes.I bet it will be a rushed consultation as it is the last appointment of the day.I then have to tackle the rush hour traffic home.Hope the forecast thunderstorms have cleared my tomorrow afternoon.Will post tomorrow night to let you know how i got on.

xxx

• Posted

Good luck. Hope all goes ok tomorrow
    • Posted

Thank you.Hoping to get my hernia repaired but i will have to wait to at least Sept.Not changing any more holidays.Need to work a few weeks before i would feel coany more sick leave plus they wouldn't probably
    • Posted

Sorry messed this one up. Meant to say i would feel more comfortable working a few more weeks before i took any more sick leave.They probably wouldn't operate still so close to my hysterectomy op date.
    • Posted

Sorry it has now been moderated.I will give up tonight before i mess up any more.I am quite tired.Stood ironing my uniform ready for going back to work Mon.First time i have had the iron out for about 9 weeks.It was hard work.Not my favourite job as it is.

xxx

• Posted

I think I'll try leaving the ability to iron a while longer too hee hee wink let us know how you get on x
  • Posted

Hi Teresa

That must of been a shock for you, havn't you had enough of hospitals !!! Hope it goes ok, will look out for your post, Will it mean further surgery ??

Take care

Nikki xx

• Posted

Hi Nikki,

I was confused rather than shocked as i didn't know what the appointnent was for.It is a follow up appointnent from when i was referred last Oct because of my other stomach problems.I just feel that i asked my dr to refer me again for my hernia and she wanted to leave it ,that i will now have this follow up and mention it at the same time.Why not?

Hope you are ok?

xxx

• Posted

Yes Teresa make sure you do mention the hernia hope all works out for. I know what it's like. I have had to major surgeries in the last five years they are no fun and it seems to take longer to get over them. All the best. I hate ironing too.
    • Posted

Hi Maxine.

I did post a long reply Fr night titled Teresa's hospital appointment update but it seems strange that i had no replies.It appeared ok on screen my end. Can you not see it?

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.