Teresa's returned to work

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an appointment today with my Dr at 9.30am for a final check regarding my return to work as my fit note had run out.All ok and i then went straight to work from 10 30-1.30.I worked for 2 hrs standing and 1 hr sitting.By 1pm i felt my stomach muscles pulling.My Dr told me that i wouldn't do any damage as everything had healed and to expect some pulling.She advised to not lift any more than 2.5kg which is not a lot.I felt quite anxious about my first day back but i am glad i only did a few hrs.I have finished my sleeping tablets.They didn't make much difference and my Dr doesn't want to prescribe anything else so hopefully having done a couple of hrs work might help me to sleep even though i don't feel too tired at the moment.

xxx

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa 

Glad it all went well at work.  Take it easy though, get others to carry anything.  Hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Morning Jacqui,

I feel so shattered this morning.I think i had about 2hrs sleep and that wasn't until about 5am.I watched the clock every hr,it was horrible.Every bone in my body aches aswell.I think today is going to be hard at work.I might ask to sit on a till for the 3hrs but it is not good sitting down that length of time.They are not meant to put me on the rota and yesterday they hadso in a way i felt i had to go where i was put as i didn't want to mess things up as we are short staffed as it is and it is a struggle to cover every part of the section as not everyone is trained in all the areas.I will have to see my branch manager and tell him what they did as he was the one who said that he didn't want me put on the rota.Must go as i need to get up and get ready.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Gosh it sounds like you are really under pressure already at work.  I definitely think you should have a word with your Branch Manager.  Your health must come first, you mustn't mess up the surgery, you only get one chance for everything to heal properly.  

You must feel shattered hardly any sleep and off to work.  I have been wondering how you have been getting on today. Trouble is when you are on the shop floor you get caught up with all the hussle and bussle going on and people expect too much of you.  

Please take care.  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Jacqui,

Just got home 10 mins ago.I didn't have a good start as i waited for a bus for 45 mins.I could of walked but that would of killed me this morning.In the end there was another couple waiting and they went home to get their car and offered me a lift.Today i stood for 1 hr and i did feel a bit of pulling alobg my scar.They were kind to give me a 10 minute break half way for a cup of tea.When i spoke to the manager about the rota he explained that we are short staffed.They have a morning meeting each day at 8.30am to make sure there is enough cover so i guess that they are at least putting my name down some where for 3 hrs to fill a gap and thrn i mess it up by swapping things around.Going to get a cup of tea and a scone.Will post again soon.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

How very kind of that couple to give you a lift.  Hope you enjoy your scone and cup of tea, you definitely deserve it.  

The scar pulling is telling you to take it a bit easier.  I know, it is very hard to do when you are at work.  Still the good news is as you get used to being at work each day you will get stronger.  Just be very very careful you don't lift anything heavy.  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Great news for you, glad to hear you don't feel too tired either!! I'm really looking forward to getting to that stage and get back to work! Don't do too much too soon though? Well done 😀
    • Posted

Think i over done it a bit yesterday,suffering today.I had so much energy since my op 9 weeks ago and now i feel i have been hit with a hanmer.

Take care

xxx

• Posted

Hi,  I go back Monday, phased return of 4 hours per day for 3 days and then next week 3 full days then back to normal 5 day week from Monday 29.6.15.  I can't wait to start mixing with people again and to get back to normal.
    • Posted

Good luck next week.I can't remember what job you do but take care.Hopefully you have read my post that i just sent to Jacqui.It was only 3hrs work but i am feeling it this morning.I feel like staying in bed as i ache so much.My stomach is ok.It is the rest of my body especially my arms and legs.That's the standing and handling all the itens through the tills.We are a very busy shop with a constant rush of customers all the time.They are always in a hurry and not always willing to help.Must get ready for day 2.

xxx

• Posted

I work in a council one stop shop dealing with benefits, council tax, planning, bins and many other issues, so its up and down to photo copier and scanner with peoples documents and covering a busy reception area and a cash office and we rotate around doing bits of everything, its not very manual but if you get a query that takes 2 hours to deal with you are sitting still with a customer for that amount of time.

I know how you feel about all the other areas hurting thats how i feel after a day gardening or cleaning its strange isn't it, my bellys been the least of my worries its the rest of me lol.

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

Gosh I wanted to see how you're doing!!

I had to set a new account sad

The site wouldn't send an email to reset me so I had to start all over.

How are you feeling and how is work going for you?

I finally have my date, it's this Friday. The Broc test came back negative so I can keep my ovaries. I am happy about that.

I hope you are doing well.

Take care!!

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie.

Great to hear from you. Can't remember how long it has been as there seemed to be so many posts and so many new ladies.It has been lovely to read everyone's post and to share experiences.I wish you well for Fri and a speedy recovery.Just post any questions you want to ask at any time.I am now 11weeks post op today and I am now on my 3rd week back to work.I am doing 19 hrs this week.Last Sat I worked 4hrs and I stood for 2hrs on the kiosk till.I forgot how heavy the weekend papers are and it killed me.We were so busy aswell.Yesterday I worked 3hrs and I sat down for about 2.5hrs.Then today I worked for 4hrs and stood up for 3hrs and again that was too much.I feel ok in myself as I am sleeping better and I am not getting the hot flushes any more.I am due to see my dr again on July 13th to check my progress and to see how my HRT is working.

i am still not lifting anything too heavy.I go away on Sat and I don't want to cause any damage before I go.I won't even lift my suitcase.I am off to Germany so some German wine and Black Forest gateaux will do me good.My bowels have been back to normal for about 3-4 weeks which is a relief as I did suffer in that department.We get home July 3rd and then on the 5th we are having an annual garden party so I have to make sure that most things are ready before I go.For a few months I have had problems with pains just below my right knee.It is worse when I climb stairs.I have out it off but now I might try and get that looked into.

Take care

luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Sorry Debbie

My messages quite often get moderated and I don't know why.

Hope you receive it.I will send another one tomorrow night if you don't

just to say for now that it is good to hear from you and I wish you well for Fri.

xxx

• Posted

I hope you are doing so much better!!

Thank you for the well wishes!! smile

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

They are getting sent for mod as there is a known issue which has been reported. The problem is when a space is missed between sentences the program that sends posts for moderation picks these up as links. For example in your post above it was "you.can't ..." so I edited a space in your post but it is appearing as a link in this post.

This has become more of a problem with users posting using phones and other devices but is being looked into for a priority fix. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Teresa

I know you are away and I hope you have a fantastic time. Thank you, all went well. I was home 2 days later. It's tough not being able to do anything. My husband makes sure of that. smile

Enjoy your trip.

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Great to hear from you and glad that your op went well.Make the most of all the pampering,the weeks will pass by quickly. Please ask me any question at all during your recovery,I am happy to help.

i am having a good time in Germany but it is getting too hot for me.They forecast 36 degrees on Thurs.The hotel is nice & the wine is even better.

We got invited to a Baptism celebration in the hotel on Sunday.They got me dancing which was great.I didn't think any more about doing it but afterwards I had stomach pains for a while.Serves me right but it was fun at the time.

I am due home on Fri but hopefully the French don't go on strike again at Calais.I saw that there was another strike yesterday.We have got our garden party on Sunday so everything is a bit tight when we get home.

Take care 

luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Aaaaaaaah I hope you had a fabulous time!

I didn't want to interrupt your vacation!!

Did you have a great time? Did you end up going to the Baptism?

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and I feel pretty good. Tired actually. I had everything taken vaginally except my ovaries. I want to do so much but can't. I am resting and taking walks.

I suppose I will go back to work in a week. I can't stay away forever.

How are you feeling?

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Good to hear from you and great to hear you are getting on ok.Isn't it a minimum of 6 weeks recovery still for you? Enjoy the time off as everything soon goes back to normal before you know it.I am now 14 weeks post op and I am on in my 5th week back to work.I am now working 30 hrs a week.Since I went back after my holiday no one seems to care any more as I now get 6hr days and I can be standing for most of it.I spoke to my branch manager and nothing gets changed.I did my first late night again last night until 9.15pm and it killed me and I couldn't get to sleep for over 4 hrs.Every bone in my body ached.I should of seen my dr on Mon but there was a mix up with my appointment so I can't see her now until July 22nd.This is a follow up to how I am getting on at work and with my HRT.I just feel a bit fed up now my working days are getting longer.I would like to work 31 hrs but it is quite a drop in money but I would get set hrs.I have drawn up a plan wher every other week I would get 5days off in a row which sounds tempting.It might aswell as my Mum has a lot of problems and it would help her more and she would always offer my money to thank me even though I wouldn't be doing it for the money.Germany was good,but we prefer Austria.I go away again on Aug1st on a 12 night cruise round the British isles.2 more weeks off work(can't wait) 

Take care

luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

I am sorry to hear about your mom!!! I hope she'll be ok. You're a great daughter to take care of her smile

I am glad you had a nice time on your trip. I've never been anywhere like that. I'm from the States.

Wow girl you have a nice employer who works with you easing back to work as well as allows you to take trips like that. How awesome!!! The cruise sounds absolutely beautiful. Are you going with your parents?

I can understand the standing for long periods must hurt. Are you able to sit? Did you have a full hysterectomy and was it abdominal or vaginal? This was my 3rd week post op. My employer is very compassionate and when I do go back, they'll keep me for a few hours and send me home for the first week. I sit at work with minimal walking.

I did some laundry today (my husband pulled it from the wash to the dryer)

The bending and walking around the house didn't help...up the stairs down the stairs. I over did it. I feel it when I do.

I have dizziness that I need to find out why. My doctor said it doesn't have anything to do with the surgery but maybe my neck from the positioning in surgery. I had a fusion done 3 years ago and I have a titanium plate and screws so something might be pinched. I will call my surgeon. Anyway, sorry I got off subject. I might go back on Wednesday for half days until I'm strong enough for full days. I do work from home, but I really ought to get out and get moving. It'll do me good. I want to go to the gym so badly but know I can't.

Take care of yourself

Love

Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.