Terrible depression and anxiety when I mistime doses? Is that normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys

I am currently taking pradaxa 150mg and so far it seems to be OK.

However, I have noticed I being to get terrible psychological side effects if I mid time doses and wonder if this is to be expected?

I used to be on warfarin, heparin and rivaroxaban which also produced awful side effects of anxiety and fear etc.

Thanks for your help.

Adam elsayed

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, ive been on heparin, warfarin and apixaban and i have been having anxiety and fear out of the blue.  Never had this before these.  Dr doesnt understand why and its now getting me down i feel so depressed about it all. Will be interested to see if anyone else has this.
    • Posted

Its horrible Ann. I only knew they were the cause as when I stopped taking them, the anxiety and depression went away with them.

My problem is that recently I have also noticed and I'm not sure if this is the case, that mid timing my daily doses causes mood swings and anxiety.

• Posted

I think this happens to a lot of people.

My husband had terrible side effects from the warfarin and different but just as bad with riveroxeban. He is on apixaban now...better but not great. The worst being the depression.

Good luck. We hope you find a way to cope with this.

• Posted

Hi Adam,

The occasions leading up to miss timed doses could be more stressful, enabling moments for reflection- this happens to me till this date, as I yet to know what causes my clots in the first place. I can guess, but what saddens me, is lack of interest from my Hospital, Doncaster Royal Infirmary and their attitude to investigation and managing my care, since I've raised concern, at Patient Experience Liaison Team, manage by Joanne Blockley and her subordinate Gary Metcalf, circa February 2016. My first clot was diagnosed via ultrasound in Mayish 2014, I've had a few since then, namely massive PE Oct 2014, Chronic PE ~June 2015, Big heart wobbles ~August 19&26 2016.

When I piece together how the Hospital, and the CEO at the time Mike Pinkerton, managed my care, be it subsequent visits from date mentioned above, at PETs/PALS, Dri A&E, Mexborough Dental, and other Health care providers throughout UK, GPs/Pharmacy, my digital ID & signature would have been logged on a database somewhere, be it medisec or systm1, Windows XP, scanned hand written notes.

What upsets me, is that I've contact my MP, Caroline Flint via ICT frequently, and it upsets me further that she won't be bold enough to meet me, (i've learnt that ignored or neglected care and drive people further into isolation and depression) but she would be willing to campaign for re-election as a member of parliament.

I've chosen her because i read into her previous political appointments and she should have skill sets and network that can help me, and secondly & my family to prepare my case & our cases in black & white so that 'parity of esteem' can be met and addressed.

For me, this will provide a pathway to closure and hopefully voluntary or employed work, upon another CTPA scan to verify my heart & lungs, and main arteries upstream/downstream of chambers are clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.