Terrible Flare Up, Need Relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

Like clockwork, I get far worse flareups while menstruating and ovulating, and lucky me, I actually saw huge boils appear in a matter of hours between my breasts and found that this flare up seems to be localized to my upper body. Usually, I get them in the groin area too, but everything seems normal, definitely boils but they are not stinging, burning, itching, bringing me to tears like they usually do, just the ones under my armpits, breast, and down my sides, and around where my bra band goes are going through that right now.

I don't have the luxury of a bathtub and Epsom salts or even hand towels for warm compress, but I do have some turmeric powder. I'm in incredible pain, I want to rip my skin off just to make the pain go awaym. Please help me get relief, any ideas will help. I have rock salt, turmeric, honey, baking soda eyc, if you know any at home relief treatments, I welcome them. My last insurance didn't cover steroid creams (the only thing that sorta helped), and now,i don't even have health insurance, so this is all I have.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if you have some soft material (old shirts, bedding) that you can make bandages/compress out of.

You can use the rock salt the same as you would epsom salt, dilute some in very warm water and use a compress on it.

Search the internet for a topical paste using turmeric, but remember it will stain what ever it touches.

If you can afford to make a purchase I would recommend Vick's Vapor Rub if it is available where ever you live, it numbs the pain and brings to a head to break on its own quickly. I prefer to bandage it to contain everything.

By making your own bandages you can wash and reuse them. Soak in Distilled vinegar works great to remove stains.

• Posted

You can use some of the homemade bandages or a sock to cushion and create a buffer between your bra and skin/sore.
  • Posted

Turmeric in a paste on the lump helps some people, didn't work for me, but everyone is different and when it's bad, as we all know, anything is worth a try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.