Terrible floating feeling - plz help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a terrible floating feeling and usually it goes away after some rest but it's been 2 days and it's not letting up.

By floating I mean, my entire body feels light and my head feels spacey and I am very tired. I also feel sick from it.

I just stopped a 5 day dose of prednisone for asthma treatment. Could the steroid have caused this?

I was dx w Menieres and BPPV so I do have underlying vestibular disorder. Please help me I feel like I am going insane I am scared cause this is horrible.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When you say you've just finished a 5 day dose of Prednisone, what was the daily dose?

• Posted

The reason i ask is i,ve taken Prednisone for other health probs in the past, and 40mgs is a high dose to take for just 5 days and not taper off. You cant just stop taking it!!  Was this prescribed by anGP,what was  it for? Why werent you tapered off down to a lower dose? Am not surprised you feel,bad.
    • Posted

What I was thinking. They tryed that high dose with me but did a taper. Bad to just stop.
  • Posted

From when this problem occured while you have started taking the dose?
    • Posted

My last dose was Wednesday but I felt it starting Thursday.
    • Posted

sorry i asked why and see it's asthma.  Was this tablets? Still seems strange,to,only be given 5 days and then stop. I onow for a fact as when I was younger on my first time of steroids, i didnt know this, stopped taking them and became seriously ill. Hospitalised etc etc.

• Posted

I asked the nurse and looked it up too when they first gave it to me and they said such a short time of dosage doesn't require tapering. Anything longer than like 5 days requires it. But it is a possibility it's messing w me.

• Posted

My high dose taper was 5 days at 40, then 3 at 30, 2 days at 20, then 1 day at 10.
    • Posted

Yes that sounds more realistic. 40 mgs is really high!  Shame they didnt help,you though, but they mostly are used,to reduce inflammation.  (Had them for Crohns) Hydrocortisone which is bit different, (Same as what Adrenals produce), can be more helpful I feel.
    • Posted

Yeah you took a 10 day dose that has to be tapered. Or should at least. My old ENT tried to give me 100mgs for 10 days with no taper. I'm glad I never took it because I googled and researched. That's why I was afraid to take it this time but my asthma was so bad I desperately needed relief. They don't seem to do much for me either except cause me insomnia, jitters, and a red hot flushed face. These medicines are the worst.

• Posted

Docs figured they would reduce any inflammation I may have in my inner ear. Didn't work. Lol

• Posted

TBH i go the natural way to keep inflammation down now. Rooibos tea, fresh ginger,Ceylon Cinnamon, Star Anise, all in hot water (Added honey if it helps) every morning.  All three are great natural anti inflamms.  Also imtake Rhis Tox, a homeopathic remedy that helps my arthritic aches and pains.  Arnica Gel rubbed on neck, knees, anywhere I'm sore or stiff, or both!! Haha. But I get more relief from these than any meds, and no side effects!!

• Posted

Docs we're guessing. Got into a ENT. Was no inflammation. Was all a waste of time and money. Plus the feeling like crap from roids was unnecessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.