Terrible Headache

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering different symptoms everyday bacause of anxiety. Today i have this scary headache, its like my head is on fire and my face has some burning sensations. I try to take medication to calm the headache but the medication is not helping. M now worried that i am going to die and leave my doctor. Its been a week now having this terrible headache and is not stopping. Can anxiety cause such pain and how do stop panicking because of it. Your response wil be highly appreciated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I would take a headache tablet or an ibuprofen with paracetamol.  Check you can take these before though in case you have pharmacutical clashes that would adversely affect you.
  • Posted

I think anxiety can more or less cause any symptoms to be honest. Have tou seen a dr?
    • Posted

Yes i did go to the doctor he said i should stop stressing cause that is the cause of my headache
  • Posted

Headaches do need to be looked in to but they can be caused by stress and panic. A simple test I do is diver the mind to a task that requires alot of brain power and see if it goes away. This is also true when I am having a panic attack.....youd be surprised how powerful it is it stopping attacks and pain.
  • Posted

There is many types of different headaches I have chronic tension headaches that can last up to 7 days I was at first convinced it was a brain tumour as I'd never really suffered with headaches before. I have had burning sensations in my head & face I get weird pains in different parts of my head along with the feeling my head is bein squeezed and goin to explode. Doctors have done facial examinations with me that can spot a brain tumour and it was all normal. I know you shouldn't but google different headaches it will tell you the symptoms of each type of headache. I've noticed painkillers don't help much when I have a tension headache either
  • Posted

This is me right now I'm convinced I have a tumor in my brain , I have the ultimate headache , I have a shaky feeling and a nervous feeling my head feels like there is this tight band around it , head pressure blurred vision periodically , watering eyes , and burning scalp , scalp soreness, shooting pains that come.out of nowhere, tingling scalp sensations , headaches, and it hurts in certain places when i lay down on my head , neck stiffness and choking sensations aroumd my neck ,,,and the list goes on smh this is a nightmare I swear something is wrong with my brain it feel like I'm going to just drop dead at any moment, but I've already been to every doctor known to man , had MRIs , blood work, and the list goes on again , cleared from any medical condition
    • Posted

Have you ever had sharp pains on the left side by your temple. Especially if you move your head in a certain position?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.