Terrible morning stiffness, please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Every morning for the past month I've been waking up with excruciating pain in my right arm. All of my joints in the arm, including my shoulder and elbow mainly, are locked up and I feel like I can't breathe it hurts so bad. I'll wake up at 4 am screaming in pain. I just wan it to stop. Does anyone else have this morning stiffness with Fibromyalgia syndrome? Any ideas on how to get it to go away?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi my mother has recently started suffering with terrible pain in her arm and she has FM. My best solution would be to try deep heat cream and maybe bandage your arm up to keep it supported that may help X 
  • Posted

Hi Meghan. Poor you! I know that pain. My Remedial Therapist told me that it often is because of the way we sleep. We tend to sleep on one side, putting most of our weight on one of our arms. Perhaps placing an extra pillow next to you, may help you to not roll on to that side as much if that is the problem Meghan.  Ellie gave you a good suggestion too. And try putting a heated bean bag if you have one or a hot water bottle on your shoulder to heat up the area and get the circulation going. Tennis elbow or carpal tunnel can also cause these symptoms. Hope it gets resolved soon dear. Maggie xx
  • Posted

Hi Meghan, that much pain needs to be investigated. Its important not to put every pain we have down to fibro.does the pain go away after you get up.? If so it could very well be the way you are sleeping on it.
    • Posted

The pain does go away after I've been moving around throughout the day, but it still feels sore from being in pain in the first place. I've tried several different sleeping positions and it always hurts the same in the morning rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.