Terrible Muscle spasms/tingling only thing positive so far is EBV

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 18 and have been dealing with this for a quite sometime . i first had EBV last august and was fine with in 3 weeks after sleeping all day. then in November I had constant heart palpations that would be off and on. All test came back fine. Then in march came constant muscle spasms and twitching in a number of different places. along with blurred vison no pain was associated with this. These spasms were constant during the day and never ending in my legs at night. I didn't think much of it at the time. Thought it was due to just regular stress. From march to now the spasms have basically subsided and rarely happen throughout the day but occasionally do. I thought i was getting better until now. Now i am facing extreme anxiety and chronic brain fog. Along with that my legs and arms feel extremely heavy and fatigued to the point where I don't even think I can exorcise anymore. My left side is noticeably weaker then my right side with pins and needles in my left foot and hand. I have woken up on multiple occasions with my left arm completely numb. I'm nauseas and feel like throwing up evreytime I try to eat and have trouble eating at all. My arms and legs have a weird tingling sensation alot. Sleeping at night is impossible with my anxiety. With all this coming right when i thought i was getting better has really destroyed my quality of life at such a young age. I fear i may have something more debilitating and life threatening and that fear has really stopped me from doing things I enjoy. With that being said does anyone have any advice or recommendations on what i can do to kick this? anything at this point will help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Im 21 and ive had the same exact things your talking about tested positive for EBV last october and still dealing mainly with the bloating and tingling/spasms ive had alot of bloodwork and mri and all has been normal since so im also still looking for answers

i think getting covid a couple times has given me some bad relapses

• Posted

knowing other people are going through this and im not is encouraging. I hope this subsides soon. Im going in for more testing this month hopefully all is clear.

• Posted

feel good! let me know if you get any updates

• Edited

Hello, i have had all of these symptoms. honestly identical to what you describe, however mine all started at the same time when i first got possitive EBV. im just over a year in and feeling a lot more energy, i still get weird symptoms occasionally and the twitching has always been around but milder. all my bloods have still come back normal after all this time. the only advise i can give is that you have to really tell yourself its the virus and nothing else because this virus thrives on stress and it makes more symptoms appear. i know its extremaly hard because all the neurologucal symptoms are terrifying but it does improve with time but its definitely sounds normal to me of EBv. also no alcohol, i went drinking one night and relapsed badly. its shocking a virus can do this. your welcome to private message if you have any questions, im probably just as confused as you but it helps knowing others are getting weird symptoms too with just a possitive EBV test.

• Edited

Hi Marcus,

Yes, this sounds like mono, it goes on for a very long time. You will eventually start feeling better, the anxiety it produces is terrible and I think the nervous system is effected.

I completely recovered from mono a couple of years ago, so it

does happen. My new case came after a bout of covid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.