Terrible nausea

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been weening off 10 mgs of Elavil, am down 5mgs, took about four months to get down this low dosage and have not had too many issues. I have been at 5mgs for about two months now and suddenly I am having some nausea, not everyday but twice so far this week. Does anyone know if this is normal after two months at 5mgs. I thought I would of felt the withdrawal nausea sooner? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello. My daughter was on this drug for a total of 6 weeks, 25 mg. We did a taper down every 5 days. The day after she stopped it the felt the nausea.  She had severe nausea for 3 months.  Everyone is different and can have different reactions to this drug. The only thing that helped her through the withdrawal was accupuncture.   And it took about 6 treatments before she felt relief. Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your response, it makes me feel better 😊😊😊 I am hoping that is the reason I feel like this, also have a terrible taste in my mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.